Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/16/2004 5:41:56 AM EDT
Is there anyone that will make a pouch to a customer's specs? I'm looking for one that will not charge an arm and a leg...

Thanks, Dan
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 6:46:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Check with Darrin over at Extreme Gear Labs.  He should be able to hook you up.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 7:09:12 AM EDT
[#2]
There is a stitch bitch locally here in MN that made up some nice stuff for me, he was working out of the Stubby Gear retail outlet which has since closed and relocated to NV. I'm pretty sure the guy is still working out of MN though.
Here in MN there is  also Custom Tactical Creations who do fantastic work. I'm not sure on prices for custom stuff from them since the CTC stuff I have was bought off the shelf at Stubby Gear. I can tell you it is the best made stuff I have seen.
www.customtactical.com/index.htm

If I can get ahold of the other guy I will pass his info along as well.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 7:28:33 AM EDT
[#3]
I'll second the vote for Custom Tactical Creations.  His work is second to none.  Be prepared to wait a bit and custom will cost you a bit more, but it's worth it.

You can also try SOTECH.  They'll do pretty much anything you can think of, but you will wait a bit longer as they are quite busy.

JMO
YMMV
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 9:57:16 AM EDT
[#4]

I just got some pouches from Stuart, who is the owner/manufacturer at Essential Tactical.  He custom makes everything from pouches to chest harnesses, and has an unbelievable following over at Lightfighter.net.  He made three pouches for me, one was my specs - not shown anywhere else, and they were delivered in about three weeks.

Good luck!
-Randy
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 7:43:50 PM EDT
[#5]
stuart has, and is, making me some custom gear also.  a few of his regular product line pieces are actually ideas for customer gear from people like us.  they were refined, and he works out a deal with the originator of the idea where you get free gear for the full rights to the design.  my dump pouch will become the Footrat, since he has the PackRat and ScatRat already in the lineup.  i nicknamed a particular product the "Willy B," since it's for a guy named willy, with the last name starting with B.  don't know if that one will stick.  the boar is one of stuart's biggest and best pieces, and it was thought up by a customer.  i've seen the original drawings on yellow legal pad paper.  stuart is making me a custom pouch for my surefire M3 also, which will probably named the Ratfink, if i can get him to go with that.  he's also making me an enhanced interceptor carrier for some soft armor panels i have.  he's using a medium interceptor carrier as his basis, but making improvements, like the closure flap size, PALS placement, etc., along with making it out of Crye Multicam.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 6:33:18 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I'll second the vote for Custom Tactical Creations.  His work is second to none.  Be prepared to wait a bit and custom will cost you a bit more, but it's worth it.

You can also try SOTECH.  They'll do pretty much anything you can think of, but you will wait a bit longer as they are quite busy.

JMO
YMMV

+2

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top