Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/5/2004 6:10:55 AM EDT
Does anyone make them? I'm looking for some that would fit on a TT-MAV chest rig. It's fer a hunting set up which is why I want 20rd mag pouches instead of 30rd mag pouches. Anyone know of a company that makes them? I checked a couple companies sites, nothing, not sure where else to look.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 8:03:18 PM EDT
[#1]
If all else fails, use 30 round mag pouches and fill the bottom with something as a spacer: A wood or styrofoam block; extra ammo; survival items; cleaning items; etc.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 3:34:08 AM EDT
[#2]

I could be wrong but I thought I saw some on the Blackhawk website.

Look on Lightfighter...if they exist LF should have them.

Good Luck
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 4:31:48 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I could be wrong but I thought I saw some on the Blackhawk website.

Look on Lightfighter...if they exist LF should have them.

Good Luck

Checked lightfighter, didn't find any. I didn not however check blackhawk. Will have to do that. Somone else said I may have to have them custom made......
Blackhawk indeed has one, it's a side by side though, and it says it's for a belt. We'll see at least I got one option for sure before having to have a couple custom made. Thanks for the heads up on it.

Where is a good place to go to custom order gear from?
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 11:23:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 10:57:53 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm not sure what you're hunting, but how many mags do you need?  

I'd like to see some of these, but with MOLLE/MALICE attachments:

Specter Gear 20 & 30 Rd. Single M-16 Mag Belt Pouches
A few of those might do the trick.  
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 5:26:11 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I'm not sure what you're hunting, but how many mags do you need?  

I'd like to see some of these, but with MOLLE/MALICE attachments:
www.spectergear.com/cmp_front_2.jpg
Specter Gear 20 & 30 Rd. Single M-16 Mag Belt Pouches
A few of those might do the trick.  

I contacted them(email) about that very thing yesterday. Wanted to find out the chances on a run of double mag pouches that would work with MOLLE gear.

As to what I'm hunting, it'll be for a pig/tree rat hunting set up. But it's for more than just hunting too. Anytime I'm carrying the AR I have between 8-12 mags with it. Just SOP for me. As to how may on this particular set up, it will very but no less than 6 mags at any time. I plan to use it to carry not only the 20s but some 10rd .22lr mags for the AR too for small game hunting.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 7:06:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Paraclete Grenade Pouches hold 2 20 rd mags perfectly.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 10:34:01 AM EDT
[#8]
The Tactical Tailor .308 mag pouches (the double ones) will neatly house two 20rd 5.56 mags WITH MAGPULS on them.  Hope that helps.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 11:28:29 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
The Tactical Tailor .308 mag pouches (the double ones) will neatly house two 20rd 5.56 mags WITH MAGPULS on them.  Hope that helps.

looked at those and I thought maybe they would be a bit taller than a 20rd AR mag.

Do magpulls sit funny on the 20rd mag? Being they have that slanted bottom and all?
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 1:37:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Yeah, the pouches are a little taller, but no, they don't look funny on a magazine.  I have my magpuls parallel to the ground, not the bottom of the mag.

What's nice about magpuls on the 20 round magazines in these pouches is that normally a magpul adds an inch or more to the length of the mag, that is, the length that now has to be covered by the flap.  With 30 round magazines with 30 round magazine pouches, this can be a problem, as well as getting them out easily (if you have more than one magpul-equipped magazine).

If you don't like that pouch/magazine/magpul combination, you can always get an M1A/M14/FAL/SR25/G3/HK91/CETME/ETC. and use the pouches then!  
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 3:24:40 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I contacted them(email) about that very thing yesterday. Wanted to find out the chances on a run of double mag pouches that would work with MOLLE gear.

As to what I'm hunting, it'll be for a pig/tree rat hunting set up. But it's for more than just hunting too. Anytime I'm carrying the AR I have between 8-12 mags with it. Just SOP for me.

Gotcha.  I'm a city slicker and know nothing of hunting, but one can never can have too much ammo.  

I'm interested to hear when Specter is going to do some MOLLE/MALICE stuff.  They've already got chest & thigh rigs set up for it...
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 4:47:38 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

As to what I'm hunting, it'll be for a pig/tree rat hunting set up. But it's for more than just hunting too. Anytime I'm carrying the AR I have between 8-12 mags with it. Just SOP for me.

Gotcha.  I'm a city slicker and know nothing of hunting, but one can never can have too much ammo.  

I'm interested to hear when Specter is going to do some MOLLE/MALICE stuff.  They've already got chest & thigh rigs set up for it...

I'd really like to see them do some more stuff too. I like their gear so far. I got a holster from them as well as the slings.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top