Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/26/2004 8:16:41 AM EDT
Howdy all,

Here is the deal:  I am 5'6" and 145 lbs and seem to be having a tough time finding a tactical vest that will fit me properly.  All of them are made for the beefier/taller guys and/or for guys wearing body armor.  Part of the problem is I cannot find anoyone who actually stocks anything around here (Northern IL area) so it makes it tough to try them on and I don't want to blow big bucks to find out that they don't fit.

If anyone has some experience and can recommend some vests that might fit properly I would appreciate hearing about it.  Othwerise I amy have to take a couple of days off and drive down to Lightfighter!
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 8:21:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Interesting!  Usually people are looking for XXXXXXL here!
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 8:44:06 AM EDT
[#2]

Have you tried Eagle Industries?  They are located in IL and seems like I've seen a small listed.  I have one of their tactical vests and it has an "M" tagged in it.  They make some really high quality stuff.

I believe their number is 636-343-7547...I don't think they have an 800 number.

Good Luck
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 8:47:03 AM EDT
[#3]

I'm sorry.  I should have added that I am 6'2", 175 lbs.  I have a 32 inch waist and the "M" fits really good.  I could make it a little smaller but not a whole lot.  If I fill my water bladder I have to let the vest out a little.

Call Eagle...they have excellent customer service.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 10:13:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Are you sure you need a vest?  (ie for armor or flotation)  

I'm 6'2" and 155lb., a chest rig works well for me.   They generally have more adjustment.  Those laces or webbing on the sides of a tac vest don't make the panels any smaller, and they generally bunch up.  Look at the TT MAV, BHI STRIKE Chest rig, or the SOTech Hellcat.  Do a search, there's pics of all of them on here or Lightfighter's forums.  
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 12:24:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Call Rodge at CTC.  He will custom make you a PALS vest.  It is well work the money.

Click Here
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 9:50:28 AM EDT
[#6]
One vest/chest harness I can guarantee will fit you properly is HighSpeedGear's DACH.                 HSGI's Dach

A modular plate carrier, for example TacticalTailor's or SO Tech's is another good choice if you're small: TT's PC

A Paraclete RAV (size S) should also fit you well. RAV Light
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 7:21:02 PM EDT
[#7]
i'm 5'9" and about 145....i'd second going with a "chest carrier" type setup...although it will fit you like a vest.  i use a heavily modified Blackhawk RACK (added a TacTailor padded shoulder strap piece to it with a 50oz cameback) that wraps almost all the way around my torso.  
i've been using this set up for three gun matches for about a year and am very happy.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 8:18:35 AM EDT
[#8]
FYI, M4arc and some other folks are looking at the same issue over on C4iGrant's forum.  They're figuring out how to modify the BHI STRIKE rig to fit skinny fellas.  Chest rigs for the thin man.  There's pics.  
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 11:41:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Well for what it is worth, this guy here makes some mean shit!   http://www.esstac.com/bush-boar.htm   I really like the design,  it is super solid AND it has the capability to switch between different calibers by switching the back panel off for another one! I also heard he double layers all his shit! Might want to give him a hollar, I here he likes to shoot the shit with perspective customers online via voice.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top