Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/29/2004 12:32:50 PM EDT
Today I got my Blackhawk Airborne Deluxe knife sheath for my K-BAR. I was totally pissed off to see it was made in freaking Vietnam. Never again will I buy Blackhawk...

So I ask this-Who makes their gear here? I wanna know when I need more gear.....

Link Posted: 4/29/2004 12:48:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Tactical Taylor for one......after making the mistake with BH gear in the past I vowed NEVER AGAIN.
 Also Eagle is good stuff....I have the Sniper issue drag bag by them and its top quality. My tactical taylor ammo pouches are pretty nice as well...too bad they are hooked up to my BH strike VEST. Oh well after a few FTX missions I can send it in for replacment under thei lifetime warranty.
Link Posted: 4/29/2004 1:00:31 PM EDT
[#2]
I thought that TT did...I was not sure though....I know that people really bash the SDS MOLLE stuff, but I love it...I have beat the absolute living shit out of it and I have yet had it fail....

I can tell you this, I will never, not again, buy Blackhawk again....
Link Posted: 4/29/2004 1:10:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Tactical Tailor has their storefront and manufacturing facilities in Lakewood, just a few minutes away from Ft. Lewis and McChord AFB.  Good stuff, and they've been known to make custom runs of gear requested by units on post.
Link Posted: 4/29/2004 1:16:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/29/2004 1:16:57 PM EDT
[#5]
I did find out by surfing that CQB is US made....
Link Posted: 4/29/2004 1:34:28 PM EDT
[#6]
HSG (High Speed Gear Inc.) is made in the US  I beleave they are just out side some Marine Base
Link Posted: 4/30/2004 12:12:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/1/2004 11:06:33 AM EDT
[#8]
I always find it interesting that so many people are so concerned that their gear be made in the USA, but other items don't seem to be a problem.   I like to buy "made in USA" stuff myself, I just don't understand why everyone seems to think that just because it is made in the USA, it is somehow better.  I know emotions run deep with regards to Blackhawk.  You either love them or hate them, and there seems to be little in between.  I have some of their gear, and it seems well made to me.  I also have gear from the other companies, and it is well made too.  

Look around your house, I bet most of the items in there are not made in the USA.  How many or your magazines are filled with ammunition from a foreign country?  Sadly, most  of the time, made in USA only means it costs more for inferior quality.  In the tac gear community, fortunately, it usually means it  just costs more, because the quality (from what I've seen) is on par or superior.
Link Posted: 5/1/2004 12:54:11 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I always find it interesting that so many people are so concerned that their gear be made in the USA, but other items don't seem to be a problem.   I like to buy "made in USA" stuff myself, I just don't understand why everyone seems to think that just because it is made in the USA, it is somehow better.  I know emotions run deep with regards to Blackhawk.  You either love them or hate them, and there seems to be little in between.  I have some of their gear, and it seems well made to me.  I also have gear from the other companies, and it is well made too.  

Look around your house, I bet most of the items in there are not made in the USA.  How many or your magazines are filled with ammunition from a foreign country?  Sadly, most  of the time, made in USA only means it costs more for inferior quality.  In the tac gear community, fortunately, it usually means it  just costs more, because the quality (from what I've seen) is on par or superior.

Pretty sure they just want to keep their money in this country.... supporting American industry. Nothing wrong with that. If you shop only Made in USA products hen the warranty simply drives the purchase a little more if you are concerned about quality issues not matching up to those of 3rd world sweatshops.
Link Posted: 5/1/2004 2:42:05 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
www.londonbridgetrading.com/main.html

M4arc and I live about 1/2 from their retail store in Virginia Beach.
Link Posted: 5/1/2004 6:13:28 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Because it's my money...I can spend it were and with whom I choose....although it's not your business, yes I have some stuff made outside the USA....but when I can, and there is a US made alternitive, I will buy US made....

I bought Blackhawk when they were made here....one of the reasons that I bought the sheath was I thought they were still made here....

It's my money...what I do with it is my choice and if I wanna spend it on US made gear, then so be it...
Link Posted: 5/1/2004 7:01:58 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Would you buy an American flag, does it have to be made in America??

My point is, some things just need to be made in America, deal with it.
Link Posted: 5/2/2004 9:51:48 AM EDT
[#13]
I don't begrudge anyone that wants to buy "Made in the USA."  If you can afford to buy the USA made tac gear, go for it.  I like a lot of Paraclete's stuff, but I can't afford to buy it.  

I don't understand why some of you have responded with what I would consider "angry" posts.  All I did was make an observation that it seems some items are OK if they are made in a foreign country, but other items matter a lot for some people.  As pointed out, certain things MUST be made here (like our Flag.)  If you want to throw tac gear in that category, that is your choice.  Also as pointed out by Dog1, it is his money to spend.
Link Posted: 5/2/2004 9:57:21 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

WOULD I buy an American Flag?  Are you suggesting something with that question?  Seems to me you are suggesting that I'm not an American.  I take offense to that.  I have the Flag flying on my house, and I made sure it was made in the USA.

"Deal with it" with a angry smilie attached, nice attitude you have there.  I apologize that my post illicited an angry response from you.
Link Posted: 5/2/2004 11:12:37 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Uh, in this case, or at least for me in regards to Blackhawk, it isn't so much a "Not made in the US" thing as much as a "Made in Vietnam" thing.
Link Posted: 5/2/2004 3:51:48 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
www.londonbridgetrading.com/main.html

M4arc and I live about 1/2 from their retail store in Virginia Beach.

Bought an EOD basic leg pouch from them about 8 years ago.... faithfully served me until I got out. Loved that damned thing. Knew the guys who claimed to have came up with the idear...
Link Posted: 5/2/2004 5:02:43 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

WOULD I buy an American Flag?  Are you suggesting something with that question?  Seems to me you are suggesting that I'm not an American.  I take offense to that.  I have the Flag flying on my house, and I made sure it was made in the USA.

"Deal with it" with a angry smilie attached, nice attitude you have there.  I apologize that my post illicited an angry response from you.

Excuse me, I mis-spoke.  I meant to say" WHEN you buy an American flag, does it have to be made in America??"

Link Posted: 5/3/2004 5:00:19 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 11:34:13 AM EDT
[#19]
Kifaru
wiggys

Both at the top of the food chain for what they do.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 4:43:26 PM EDT
[#20]
Paraclete. Nuff said.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 11:58:16 AM EDT
[#21]
Specialty Defense Systems (SDS)

Peckham (Tactical Clothing)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top