Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/21/2003 2:12:11 PM EDT
I recently ordered & received a Tactical Tailor #1A Rifle Tac-Vest. Their vests are available in Black,  OD Green, or Woodland Camo. The one I got is OD Green. Here's a link to Tactical Tailor's vest page:
www.tacticaltailor.com/catalog/vests.htm

I thought I'd share some observations & pictures here.Upon first inspection of the vest, I was able to conclude that it is very well-made. A lot of attention to detail has gone into this vest and it really shows. Tactical Tailor backs their stuff with a Lifetime Warranty. Judging from the construction of this vest, I'm willing to bet they have very few claims against that warranty.

I put the vest on and began adjusting it to my size. I like the fact that they use webbing straps instead of para-cord laced through a bunch of holes on the different panels of the vest. It makes adjustment much faster & easier, IMHO. It closes on the front with 3 Fastex buckles.

Oh well...here's some pictures & observations:

Front of the vest. I left one of the mag pockets open so that you could see how far the velcro extends. It also has straps so that it can be attached to a pistol belt, which I plan on doing, but haven't done yet.

Close-up of the mag pockets. Adjustable elastic cord is used to snug the magazines so they don't slap together.

Close-up of document pocket on the inside front of the vest. There's one on each side. Approximate dimension of each pocket is 7" wide x 6.5" high.

View of the inside pocket on the back panel of the vest. I assume you could put a hydration system in there if you chose to.
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 2:30:05 PM EDT
[#1]
View of one of the chest pockets on the front of the vest. Each pocket has 3 elastic loops on the inside. The pockets are the roomiest I've seen on any tactical vest of this type.

Close-up of the drag-handle on the back. A nice feature if you should go down and need to be "assisted" out of a situation. I hope this feature never has to be used. Also note the velcro shoulder adjustments. These are to be used if the vest hangs down too far on you. Fast and easy to adjust and once done, it'll stay that way until you want it to move.

Last picture. Close-up of the pockets on the back of the vest. I plan on using the large outer pocket for a hydration system instead of the interior back pocket. The two smaller pockets can be used for other things you want to carry. I plan on using the top smaller pocket to carry a radio in and running a mic/headset cord out of the top.

Hope you enjoy the pictures. A friend of mine is going to get one of the #1B Utility vests. I'll post pictures of it when he gets it. He's a paramedic and wanted something with other than magazine pockets on one of the sides. He also said that "just because it's called a mag pocket doesn't mean you have to carry mags in it!" He's pretty sure that the #1B Utility Vest is more like what he wants than the #1F Medic Vest. Anyhow, I'll post pictures of it with his opinions & observations when he gets it.

Link Posted: 12/21/2003 4:55:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Hey, Thanks for the good pics!!

I am thinking about getting a TT vest just like yours to hang on the back of the bedroom door.  SHTF vest, if you will...

I am becoming a big fan of TT gear.  
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 9:53:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Ive been considring purchasing that vest as well but am holding off a bit so that I can see what sorts of MOLLE goodies we are getting for our IBAs
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 8:19:36 AM EDT
[#4]
I use the same TT LBV, added camo, to help blend in my AO.

TG
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top