Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/8/2003 4:06:56 PM EDT
Here's the story.

Today we went to GI-JOE'S Army supply to get her a winter coat. While looking around I saw a vest that had a recoil pad sewn into the shoulder. I said that would be nice because my shoulder hurts now from yesterday's shotgun practice. Mrs. toolman says get it ,so now I have an Blackhawk vest. It seems to be a nice vest but all I wanted was that shoulder padding.

Question 1. Is there a vest just for high recoil rifles and or shotguns.

Question 2. What's the 2 upper pockets for (the rest are simple AR and Pistol mag pouch's)

Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 5:14:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Well Toolman, good news/bad news.

Good news: You have a pretty cool vest.

Bad news: that pads' primary function is to provide a gripping surface for your rifle not a recoil reducer. However it may reduce felt recoil as a side effect, but not the way I think you want.

I think you should have 3 upper pockets. They can be used for what ever you want. I think some people use one for extra pistol mags. I use mine for a compass (upper left) Ranger glasses, multitool, firestarter (lower left) GPS (lower right).

Hope this helps.

Glockdog

Airborne!!
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 8:01:08 AM EDT
[#2]
The shoulder pad is actually pretty decent; I can shoot my Mosin-Nagant all day with no consequences.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top