Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/30/2003 4:54:38 PM EDT
I have noticed a number of negative comments regarding BlackHawk gear in this forum.  I have one of their LBV's that I'm quite happy with, but I haven't had much other experience.  There was a minor problem with the vest soon after I bought it, but they replaced it quickly with no grief at all - and with an updated model too. (So I have been happy with them) Has their gear been known for problems?  Have they refused to back it or had other customer service issues?  I have been thinking of making a number of purchases from them in the near future, and any info could be very helpful indeed.... .
Link Posted: 10/30/2003 7:15:32 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
There was a minor problem with the vest soon after I bought it, but they replaced it quickly with no grief at all - and with an updated model too. (So I have been happy with them) Has their gear been known for problems?  Have they refused to back it or had other customer service issues?  

Their customer service is great, I'm always hearing about how quickly they replace defective gear and I don't think I've ever heard a complaint about their customer service. I rarely hear that about other manufacturers.  Not the customer service part, they all seem to do a good job of taking care of their customers.  I rarely hear about anything needing to be returned to Eagle or SOE.

There's a clue there somewhere.  
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 5:40:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 9:03:21 PM EDT
[#3]
No problems with my Blackhawk products yet! Altough I probably dont use them as much as others on the board!
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 8:40:31 AM EDT
[#4]
I only use my omega vest when I go to the range to hold my AK mags and whatever other misc. stuff I feel like bringing, So far its held up great, not a tear or rip or anything like that. It hasnt even faded any!
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 3:13:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Biggest complaint I have heard from people, is regarding them sending production over to Veitnam. I have had some of their gear from before and after they went overseas, and the quality/fit went down slightly when from here to there. Overall, still pretty good stuff.

Ditto what Lightfighter said.
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 7:03:08 PM EDT
[#6]
My issue with Blackhawk is that in many cases their products cost more than the original American made designs that they copy. I don't have much of a problem with a slightly lower quality knockoff, but I expect it to be priced as such. I have also noticed that the STRIKE gear they came out with seems to be a direct copy of a system that Eagle produces for the military. The owner of Blackhawk claims to have designed it, which doesn't really seem true. I prefer to spend less and but an American made product from an honest company.
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 1:57:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Couple of my team use BHI gear.  It holds its own with Eagle and my SOE stuff, but it's not as refined.  The only BHI thatI use is a Raptor pack (my 3-day went to A-stan with a friend) and neither have experienced any failures or problems.

-SARguy
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top