Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/29/2003 11:40:00 AM EDT
    I've been thinking of getting an offside leg rig. I only want to carry two or three AR mags on it and maybe have room for smaller pouches on the front. I also would like to have the mags lay flat and not stacked. Just wondering if someone makes something like this or would I have to go the modular route? Any help and/or photos appreciated.
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 11:44:16 AM EDT
[#1]
I have the one made by Eagle that carries two AR mags and two doublestack pistol mags. It works well and isn't too bulky.
Link Posted: 10/30/2003 5:22:28 PM EDT
[#2]
I would recomend HSGI's mag thigh rig. it holds 4 AR,AK or even FAL sized mags , four pistol mags and a place for your knife,or SOTECHS MTR( holds four ar mags and two pistol mags on the claw plate) and then theres SOE's CQB and patrol rigs...same principal..but as for laying down the mags.....? but if your looking for a modular thigh panel.....HSGI's modular leg panel is my choice and justa about any MOLLE backed magazine pouch will work with it and still leave you room to add more pouches of your choosing
Link Posted: 10/30/2003 9:01:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Paraclete and SOTech both make flat three mag shingles that are MOLLE/PALS compatible. If you get a modular leg rig, you can attach either of these to it. The Paraclete model has three pistol mag pouches on the front of it --one model for doublestack 9mm mags and one for singlestack .45 mags-- and the SOTech has more PALS webbing to attach whatever else you like to the front of it.
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 9:09:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the tips. I'll check into the listed sites.
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 9:51:22 AM EDT
[#5]
I attach my leg rigs (Eagle 2-AR 2-pistol and safariland holster) to my pant's belt (Wilderness instructors). All I can say is that if I was going to add anymore weight to my legs I would need suspenders or  to have them attached to my LBV pistol belt. With them attached to my pant's belt they remain first line gear.
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 11:15:02 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I attach my leg rigs (Eagle 2-AR 2-pistol and safariland holster) to my pant's belt (Wilderness instructors). All I can say is that if I was going to add anymore weight to my legs I would need suspenders or  to have them attached to my LBV pistol belt. With them attached to my pant's belt they remain first line gear.

HSGI makes some really nice suspenders for just this purpose.
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 7:21:20 AM EDT
[#7]
If not actually using it in a military application,  I generally advise people against having a leg rig with 4 carbine mags.  It is alot of bulk, to me.  I would think that a total of four 30-rounders (3 on the leg, 1 in the carbine) would be enough.

I highly recommend the above mentioned three-mag rigs from SO Tech and Paraclete, attached to a leg panel.  Having the mags lay flat against your leg is a plus, as far as I am concerned.  You can then add pistol mags to the front of your carbine mag rig(SO Tech).  Or, the Paraclete already has the pistol pouches sewn on!!

YMMV

Monty
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 8:33:39 AM EDT
[#8]
I have one of the SOE rigs.  It holds 4 30rd mags and 2 pistol mags.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top