Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/19/2003 10:22:24 AM EDT
I use a Sidearmor (Kydex) holster for my Model 23 Glock and I am not happy with it for a couple of reasons.  I am contemplating getting a drop leg type holster, specifically a Safariland 6004 for use in the firearms classes that I take.  What are your thoughts on drop leg type holsters?
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 1:18:58 PM EDT
[#1]
That will depend on why you are taking the classes.  Are they strictly accuracy classes?  Concealed classes?  Tactical classes?  Do you carry a gun as part of your job (military, police officer, etc.)?  Do they allow drop leg holsters?

For some of these cases, a drop leg is not practical.  I use a BHI drop leg for my 1911 for 3 gun matches.  I only have it set low enough to use the lower most strap just below the crotch.  I like the drop leg holsters myself.  Do you have a friend with one that you could try out first?
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 8:12:27 PM EDT
[#2]
while not a popular choice i have had good luck with my Uncle mikes i like where my 23 sits in it

i may pick up a safariland 6004 shortly not sure what type of classes u are taking but mine has worked fine this far
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 9:20:24 PM EDT
[#3]
I take all sorts of classes.  Pistol classes, carbine classes and precision rifle classes.  I repeat all levels of various pistol classes over and over.  The classes go from accuracy and tactics up through shooting on the move, behind cover and team oriented drills.  I carry IWB or OWB Sidearmor holsters when I carry in public.  I am mainly looking for something that will not move around on my belt or get in the way when using a carbine and thought a drop leg option might be good to try out.  I would not use it for work puposes (I fix computers), just for training.  The drop leg holster would kind of violate my tendency to train with what I carry, but when taking a carbine class for example having a pistol on your belt can get in the way.
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 9:30:45 PM EDT
[#4]
I find a drop leg to be more in the way than a belt mounted holster.  
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 5:23:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 5:58:01 PM EDT
[#6]
I guess I will wait until I come across a lefty with a leg holster so I can try it out.  I would hate to have yet another holster in my rarely used gear bin.  Thanks for the input folks.
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 7:58:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/22/2003 7:05:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Cave Creek and the 101.  I am at Ben Avery just about every weekend.  Email me and we can hook up. [email protected]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top