Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/8/2003 11:25:58 AM EDT
Ok I decided to part with the money for this holster, now for the question. My primary sidearm is a full size IMI Baby Desert Eagle. This is not one of the listed firearms that you can get this holster for. I also have a Beretta,which is on the list. But since the Baby Eagle is more reliable, more comfortable, and has a better trigger and I'm more accurate with it, well you can see why I would rather get the holster for the Baby Eagle. I've never see the holster so i assume it's molded or something to "fit" a specific firearm. So is it possible to have one "custom" made to fit my handgun?
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 12:22:26 PM EDT
[#1]
So far as I know, Safariland will not "custom make" holsters.  You're pretty much SOL.  About the only thing you can do is look at the guns that are pretty close to your's in size, buy the holster and then do some customizing yourself.

You can unbolt the holster from the shroud, remove all the hardware and then...if you're gutsy...remold it.  The holster is kydex with a liner.  If you heat it up, it will become pliable again and you might, just maybe, be able to remold it to fit your gun and make it work.  Absolutely no guarantees and you'll be out $65-100 if it doesn't work.

Oops, not quite that much.  The shroud is universal and you can get other accessories and use it on your offside leg for mag pouches, etc.  Wouldn't be a total loss if it doesn't work.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top