Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2003 7:56:24 PM EDT
Or the Blackhawk padded patrol belt?  
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 8:22:34 PM EDT
[#1]
I've used the padded patrol belt from BH and it is one of the items they do right.  The problem though is that the belt itself if pretty soft/flexible and rolls easy under a load.  Also, since the pad is sewn to the belt you are forced to put the pouches within the constraints of the seams.  That hasn't been a problem since they are sized and spaced well for the mag pouches, canteen carriers and buttpack I attached to it.

I am replacing mine with a CQB Solutions double thickness belt that is much greater resistance to rolling and using a pistol belt pad from Eagle.  BH also makes a pistol belt pad that should be fine but I was ordering a rifle case from Eagle so I just added the belt pad to that order.

The modular belt from Tactical Tailor or the similar belts from SOTech are a whole different animal.  These use PALS-type webbing to attach pouches which gives them much greater flexibility in attaching loads.  And the webbing is pretty much immune to rolling esp. if you use TT's MALICE clips to attach the pouches.  I would have gone this route except that I already have all the belt pouches I want and I'd have to replace them to take advantage of the PALS webbing.  If I were starting from scratch I'd be using one of these belts.  If you are also using a modular vest or chest harness then this would be an excellent way to go since the same pouches could be used in either location.

Edited to add the URL for SOTech: www.specopstech.com/
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 7:17:09 PM EDT
[#2]
If I may chime in here:

I have just aqcuired a padded duty belt from SOE.  WOO HOOO  This is a great belt!!!  Extremely well built, hard-core all the way.  

I have experience with the Blackhawk belt.  I would never spend my money to buy one.  Nuff said...

I also have some limited experience to TT.  Great gear and great people!!!  Tonya is the best!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top