Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/8/2003 7:43:10 PM EDT
Hello.  I am looking into getting a tactical vest.  I am considering the following vests:

CQB Solutions Model 1 Vest
www.lightfighter.com/item.html?PRID=1365067

Blackhawk Omega TAC Vest 1
www.lightfighter.com/item.html?PRID=855597

Eagle TAC-V1-N-A Vest
www.lightfighter.com/item.html?PRID=850285

Tactical Tailor TAC 1A Rifle Vest
www.lightfighter.com/item.html?PRID=1150428

What do you think of these vests?  Which is the best one as far a comfort and durability?  Any and all comments and recommedations are welcome.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 8:30:34 PM EDT
[#1]
One question...will you wear a pack with this vest?

If so, I'd recommend a TT MAV, MOLLE FLC or SOTech Hellcat.  If not, I would go for the TT vest.

I've tried on the Blackhawk and Eagle vests, and didn't like the following:

1)  when adding a Camelbak, although it fits inside the vest mesh to allow the use of the attachment points on the back, it tightened up the vest enough that I had to readjust it if I wore a Camelbak.

2)  I found the shoulder pad bulky.  

3)  I didn't like the central zipper, and would have preferred a couple of Fastex buckles.

As always, your mileage may vary

-Zmeja
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 10:48:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 4:49:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 9:46:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Well I decided on the Eagle TAC-V1-N-A Vest.  I received it in today and I love it.  It has 6 mag pouches for a total carrying capacity of 12 30rd mags and two utility pouches.  One other cool thing about the mag pouches is that they can also be used as a pistol holster.  I am extremely please.
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 8:23:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Better hope they have it in stock.  I perosnaly know others that has stuff ordered that has not shown up in almost 2 months.  (Even sent him lesser quality gear and billed him for the higher line of gear) The people at lightfighter can not even tell him when its comming in.  Ive learned to order direct from the factory.  1 because you will get it when they have it.  2 it cuts out the middle man.  If the price is not any different then go factory.  

I ordered a bunch of stuff from Tactical Taylor because of the lightfighter deal.  They (Tactical Taylor) have a place on their website for comments.  I said "please let me know if any of this gear is on back order"  I waited for the 5 days to get here and it did not show.  I made my call and asked what went wrong and they said it was their fault.  But this is where factory (Tactical Taylor) is awsome.  They contacted me via email and phone and kept me up to date on when it was going to be shipped out.  Bumped up the shipping at no cost and sent me a shirt.  I will buy all my gear from them now on.  They came through on the gear.  Said sorry and made good.  Hats off to Tactical Taylor!  As far as the Lightfighter stuff goes still waiting no reply to email. :(
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 2:57:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Hey love to see the vest that you ordered.  CAn you post some pics?
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 3:07:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 9:19:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Well I have never personally ordered anything from you.  As for reasons stated above.  I have followed your company for the several years that you have been open and I know that you have grown more than you would have ever thought.  But as far as you get nothing, I beg to differ.  You are holding money on something that has not come in in over 2 months.  This might not be your fault and I do not think it is.  But stay on top of the customer and provide follow ups.  I know its extra time and you guys Im sure are busy.  But it takes 100 people to say nice things to cover 1 negative comment.  
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 9:43:40 AM EDT
[#9]
I placed an order with them around the end of September. The items they had in stock they sent and charged me only for those items. The remainder they charged me for in Nov when they became available. They held the majority of them at my request until all the rest of the order was there to ship it all at once. Lightfighter isn't perfect, but show me a company that is. I recently had a package lost when the Postal Service lost it and they have done nicely to make it right so far. Communication goes a long ways.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 8:08:44 PM EDT
[#10]
I've actually ordered several times from Lightfighter, and have only been charged for the items that ship.  I'm still waiting on stuff ordered a couple months ago at the most, like a pair of goggles and some Paraclete kit, but when I ordered, I was told that they were out of stock and it would be a little while before they got more from the manufacturer.  No big deal, because my life doesn't depend on my gear.

I have had some mistakes, like a left-handed holster sent instead of a right, and some items not shipped although the invoice said otherwise.  The folks at LF have been nothing but professional, quickly resolving any issues which may come up.  In fact, a new holster is being sent to me right now, without me having to send the old one back first.  It's not often or everyday you can get a company to part with a $90 holster on the word of a customer.

The folks at LF are squared away in my book.  They'll work with you and get you your kit as quickly as possible, and for a good price.  I have no problem recommending them to anyone, but like other places which sell high-demand merchandise, you may have to be a little patient.

-Zmeja
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 6:35:44 PM EDT
[#11]
I saw the S.O.E. Duty Belt listed on LF website in tan, but called and found out they didn't carry it in tan. Not a problem, at least I didn't make an internet order on something they don't have in stock.
I called S.O.E. and was told that if they didn't have it in stock, they'd make it up in a couple of days and ship it out. I told them I did NOT want to backorder it, because I was on a short list for deployment.
So I ordered it thru S.O.E.'s website, and was immediately charged for it. After two weeks, I sent them an email, and was told it would be "4-6 weeks" before they could ship it.
I canceled the order.
I don't care for the practice of charging someone for merchandise knowing that you won't ship it out for 2 months or so.
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 5:03:12 PM EDT
[#12]
how do these vests work with the issued interceptor body armor?  Any issues at all with regards to sizing?  I am only interested in the tactical tailor 1a rifle vest and the eagle tac-va-na
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 8:37:21 PM EDT
[#13]
I had a BHI Omega vest (EOD vest, I think) that was similar to the Eagle.  What I found is that it could only be let out so far on the sides (since it was paracord), and didn't really adjust out enough for wear over a PASGT vest, especially with a Camelbak inside.

I know you asked about how it fit over the IBA, but figured my experience was similar.  If I decide to wear anything over the IBA, then it would be something along the lines of a 2-piece MAV or even old-school webgear; otherwise, I'd just put the MOLLE compatible pockets directly on the IBA.

-Zmeja
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 6:37:29 AM EDT
[#14]
how much do want to spend??
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 6:45:01 AM EDT
[#15]
I have a (well, by proxy, anyway) coyote brown Hellcat on order, along with a shitpot of Paraclete pouches.  Using it with a ruck is important to me.  I tried a friend's Hellcat and was very impressed, and judging from the number of enthusiasts on LFs board, it must be a great unit.

Now begins the wait...It'll probably be spring before I see the thing!
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 5:43:16 PM EDT
[#16]
I would buy Paraclete. I use it at work and love it.
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 7:08:55 AM EDT
[#17]
QS:
Why the big delay on the Hellcat? Who did you order it through? I'm thinking about one for Pat Rogers' carbine course in Lebanon (IN) this summer; guess I should order it NOW if the lead time is that bad! :-P

All:
Other options under consideration are the CQB Solutions "Operator" and the Eagle CP .223. Any feedback on these three products is appreciated (especially compare/contrast with the Hellcat and each other). I'm pretty new to the tac gear thing, and am concerned about getting the right capability for my needs (hauling mags and a few misc. items at training courses and matches, mostly) without going overboard. A full-on tac vest is WAY more than I need.

Thanks!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top