Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/6/2003 7:38:24 PM EDT
I was looking at getting my first Tactical vest and was leaning towards the LBV-88 enhanced, out of Adventure Quartermasters for $99. I figured I would check in with you experts first before I committed.
Link Posted: 7/6/2003 7:54:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Are you talking about the issue vest with the mesh panels behind the magazine pouches?  If so, the vest is decent, however, you'll need to ask yourself if it will suit your needs.

What will you be using the vest for?  How much ammunition will you carry?  If you are in the military, will your chain of command allow you to wear it?  Will you always carry 30rd AR15 magazines, or will you carry, say a M1A?

-Zmeja
Link Posted: 7/6/2003 7:55:13 PM EDT
[#2]
I have the Eagle verion in olive drab. It's brand new never been outside. I might sell it if you're interested.

The LBV-USA-E has a mesh body with #1000 denier Cordura® nylon pouches. There are (4) .223 magazine pouches, all canted for easy access, with divider to hold 2 magazines per pouch. Also, there are 2 grenade pouches with webbing on inside to hold spoon and webbing on flap to tie paracord, as extra security, to keep the flap closed.

Other features include: 2 inside zippered mesh map pockets. Rescue strap. 1/2" closed cell foam padded shoulder straps. Snap and velcro closure on all magazines with pull tabs. Military style belt loops. Slotted webbing on sides.

Eagle price $188.95
Link Posted: 7/6/2003 10:12:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Yep, that's the one right there. It'll basicly be my SHTF/TEOTWAWKI vest. Probably be sticking to AR 30 rders for now.
Bystander, I was looking for a woodland pattern but how much would you be asking for yours.
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 2:41:39 AM EDT
[#4]
They're alright.  They're much better than the original version, which was hot as all get out and wasn't great when wet.  There are several knock-offs that aren't the real thing, so make sure you know what you're looking at.

The issue one though isn't rare or anything, and you should be able to find one around the net for less than $99. I run across them frequently, though not anywhere near as frequently as the old, all cloth one.

The Eagle version like innocent_bystander has is built probably twice as well as the USGI one and would be worth paying hard earned bucks for.  It's worth paying extra for quality field gear.

Ross
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 5:39:38 AM EDT
[#5]
I'll take $140 + shipping for the vest only or $160 + shipping with a like new Blackhawk web belt and belt pad. Send me an IM if you're interested.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top