Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/18/2003 9:10:57 PM EDT
Looking for recommendations (companies, websites etc.) for tactical kneepads such that infantry / marines / SWAT / Spec-Ops might wear.

I've had to re-up with my local paper militia to make ends meet, and on Sundays, the paper is so damn big I have to throw them in the back of my pickup -- they won't all fit in the cab.  This means I have to crawl in the bed on my hands and knees.  The hard plastic bedliner is not the most comfortable thing to crawl around on, so I thought I might as well get a pair of kneepads, and I might as well get a pair that can be used for other things as well.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 4:53:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 5:48:31 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
My advice is to buy only the Alta Superflex  Knee pads with the buckle closures.

I concurr.I bought a pair for tactical carbine couses and I also use them for work.The straps don't wear out like others' because they aren't made of elastic and use a buckle instead of velcro.They come in black for military/LEO and I also found them at my local hardware/building supply store in black w/ white pads for a little less than the tactical black ones.
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 11:52:27 AM EDT
[#3]
In my agency, you'd do best to ask a supervisor the question to those kinds of tactical upward mobility management questions.

Love and kisses SAC!
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 10:20:51 AM EDT
[#4]
I got a pair of the Alta Superflex with the buckle and the rivets came out after about 2 days of taking a knee in the SF Qual. course.  Unfortunately, The same thing happened to my compatriots also.  The Hellstorm ones with the hard plate held up well, but they don't have the padding or the buckle closure.  The Hellstorm pads that are sewn in without the plate get torn up in the thorns and also roll on your knee.  There were some others that I can't remember the name of that were big and bulky, but too hot.  The Hatch ones seemed to hold up ok but once again, they don't have the buckle system which works well.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 7:21:07 AM EDT
[#5]
I just ordered a pair of Altas with buckle from Lightfighter...I'll report back.

AR15, how'd they work other than that coming apart issue?  Any slippage or other problems?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top