Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/1/2003 8:12:31 AM EDT
Anyone have any experience with Vang Comp barrels?  I've read the review in SOF and checked out their website.

I have an 18.5" Mossberg barrel that I may have him choke.

Link Posted: 1/1/2003 1:09:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 1:23:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Wave- that's exactly the type of barrel I'm looking for.
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 6:41:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 7:03:56 AM EDT
[#4]
One of life's great truths:  A happy man is one that owns a reliable weapon that performs best with cheap ammo.

I have a VCS-870 that patterns Estate Tactical 00 into a group I can cover with my hand at 20 yards.  It also likes S&B slugs out to 116 Yards.  

I had a chance to shoot an 870 with one of those special Hogue recoil "absorbing" stocks right after shooting my ported Vang.  The amount of perceived recoil (I say perceived because that's all that really matters) was identical.  What wasn't identical however was my recovery speed - the VCS deals with recoil at the source.  With the Hogue I felt that I had to wait for the system's machinations to fully process before I could shoot again (and I kind of dig shooting my 870 fast).  I really like most Hogue products but I'll be giving this particular one a pass.

Hans Vang is also an extremely good shit.  He's former USN and is really good about responding to questions.  He's also been the biggest sponsor for the Wisconsin IDPA Championships since their inception.
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 4:56:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 6:46:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Hmmmmmm... decisions.  On the way back from the range I stopped by the local gun shop and was talking with the owner.  I looked at a 590.  I want ghost rings.  Looks like for the price of a Vang barrel with sights I can buy a 590 with sights and modified barrel.  Don't get me wrong-I've heard only great things about Vang and I'm sure it's worth the $$.  But man his stuff is expensive.
Think I'll check prices of the 590 Sat at the gun show.  If I buy it I'll sell my 500.  Shoot the 590, if modified isn't tight enough, then do the Vang Thang!!

Yep I've heard both good and just ok reviews
about the recoil reducing stock.  

Oh yeah, I can buy the 590 I want aon Gunbroker for $440 right now #6802775.

edit: the shop owner showed me how much thinner a 500 barrel was compared to a 590.  He was "almost positive that Vang can't choke a 500 barrel.  I need to call.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top