Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/20/2019 8:43:53 PM EDT
I am looking at straight stock LE versions of the Benelli M4 and Benelli M2. I know I like the inertia system of the M2, from my experience I had with my M1 super 90, that stupidly sold off years ago. The M4 weighs a pound more. Which way would you go
Link Posted: 12/20/2019 9:07:32 PM EDT
[#1]
It depends on what you are going to do with it.   If it’s for hunting, m2 because you are going to carry it around and barrel, choices.

If it’s for home defense or fighting then m4.

I had an m4 but found myself not shooting it or using it as much.  I kept the m2 because for my purposes, the m4 didn’t do anything for me that the m2 couldn’t do
Link Posted: 12/20/2019 9:33:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Ended up with an M2 after finding one on sale. I already didn't see the additional value for the money difference at regular pricing so that sealed the deal for me.
Link Posted: 12/20/2019 9:52:08 PM EDT
[#3]
The M2 is about 40% the cost of the M4, lighter, and (if you're not going to hang a bunch of crap off of it) generally just as reliable for doing normal shotgun things. The M4 is 87% cooler than the M2 though... so there's that.
Link Posted: 12/23/2019 3:21:49 AM EDT
[#4]
I have both and can't tell you which one is actually the best.

The M2 was far cheaper, however the M4 has been worth every penny I paid for it.

They both run 100%, both very accurate with slugs.

The M4 is cooler, just because of what it is.

Either way, you'll end up with a spectacular shotgun.
Link Posted: 12/23/2019 3:26:08 AM EDT
[#5]
The M4 is worth the extra pound for its reliability. Mine gobbles it all up.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 1:19:22 PM EDT
[#6]
What really swayed me was how cool the M4 looks in movies and video games.

That said the first time I picked up an M2 and swung it around I felt I may have made a mistake. It is lighter and faster handling. If you think a 20" HBAR (do people still call them that?) AR-15 or similar rifle is hefty when you shoulder it you might want the M2.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 11:56:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What really swayed me was how cool the M4 looks in movies and video games.

That said the first time I picked up an M2 and swung it around I felt I may have made a mistake. It is lighter and faster handling. If you think a 20" HBAR (do people still call them that?) AR-15 or similar rifle is hefty when you shoulder it you might want the M2.
View Quote
Since I don't really want a pistol grip shotgun, I am thinking the M2 should be the one for me.
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 12:06:20 AM EDT
[#8]
I have the M4 and an inertia Super Black eagle II. Like others have said, the M4 chugs ammo, shoots softly and is heavy. The inertia guns run well, kick a bit more and are light.

If I could only have one, it would be the M4. Its built like a tank.
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 12:24:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I am looking at straight stock LE versions of the Benelli M4 and Benelli M2. I know I like the inertia system of the M2, from my experience I had with my M1 super 90, that stupidly sold off years ago. The M4 weighs a pound more. Which way would you go
View Quote
I have both and think the M2 with the comfortech stock is a little softer shooting and definitely easier to clean. I have noticed every now and then when shooting slugs or max load buck, my face will get pinched by the chevrons in the comfortech stock. Also, there's more aftermarket support for the M2 - if you're in to that kind of thing. Then there's the cost factor...You can just about buy (2) M2's for the price of (1) M4.

Either way, they are 100% reliable so you can't really go wrong.
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 2:08:46 PM EDT
[#10]
If you aren't going to hang a bunch of weight off the gun save the money and get the M2. Mine are boringly reliable and will eat everything from light 3/4oz target loads up to the heaviest 3" mags.
Link Posted: 1/6/2020 10:48:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Just picked up my new Benelli M2 tactical today, I can’t wait to shoot it. I really like the inertia system. The comfortech stock looks very promising and feels right
Link Posted: 1/10/2020 11:15:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Just picked up my new Benelli M2 tactical today, I can’t wait to shoot it. I really like the inertia system. The comfortech stock looks very promising and feels right
View Quote
Solid choice
Link Posted: 1/11/2020 12:31:52 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote
Have you shot it yet?
Link Posted: 1/11/2020 12:52:01 AM EDT
[#14]
You can buy my M1 Super90..I hate the damn thing.
Link Posted: 1/11/2020 12:52:56 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Have you shot it yet?
View Quote
Still on the mend from knee surgery from a week ago, not quite ready to shoot shotguns yet, but I am getting close. I can't wait for a range day. Just a got a new range bag too, no more milk crates for me.
Link Posted: 1/11/2020 2:00:19 AM EDT
[#16]
My work gun is a personally owned 14” M4

For a fighting gun I think it’s without peer

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/11/2020 7:51:40 AM EDT
[#17]
I shot my M1S90 for about 10 years fairly regularly for 3 gun... as I've aged, not so much, but with the addition of a 28" M2 barrel and fore grip sees duty as a skeet and clays gun... not familiar with the M4 family about barrel inter changeability
Link Posted: 1/11/2020 10:36:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
You can buy my M1 Super90..I hate the damn thing.
View Quote
Why the hate?
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 9:30:05 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
The M2 is about 40% the cost of the M4, lighter, and (if you're not going to hang a bunch of crap off of it) generally just as reliable for doing normal shotgun things. The M4 is 87% cooler than the M2 though... so there's that.
View Quote
That all depends on the M2...

M2 SBS +1 by FredMan, on Flickr
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 8:22:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Shot my M4 Entry at a combat shotgun match today.  Lots of "ooo'ing and ahh'ing" and it stood out among the game guns

Link Posted: 1/12/2020 11:49:15 PM EDT
[#21]
I had the same decision to make a couple of years ago.  I ended up buying a NB M2 Tactical for $950 shipped.  Easy to choose since it was half price of an M4.   I am very happy with my choice.
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 11:57:36 PM EDT
[#22]
Sorry all the above answers are incorrect.

You need a M1 Super 90 Tactical pistol grip.

You'll be a hero at the range.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top