Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/21/2017 1:45:23 PM EDT
So I just bought a used 870 off GunBroker for a stupid low amount.  It has a little bit of rust on the receiver.  Is there a preferred place you send your guns to have them stripped and then reparkerized?
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 1:49:17 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm about to send an old 870 to Wilson Combat for the Remington Steal package.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 2:06:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 2:11:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Definitely go with the Wilson Remington Steal Deal, best price and quality.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 3:33:44 AM EDT
[#4]
It strikes me that with reveling in the stupid low amount you paid for it, then sending it off for a repark seems to undo any economy.  I vote for 0000 steel wool and oil to remove the rust, fluff and buff, call it good.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 7:05:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Brownels has what you need to freshen the parkerizing for about $100
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 1:01:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It strikes me that with reveling in the stupid low amount you paid for it, then sending it off for a repark seems to undo any economy.  I vote for 0000 steel wool and oil to remove the rust, fluff and buff, call it good.
View Quote
Well I was going to get some quotes to see if it was worth doing.  I may just leave it as it is and have it as my beater gun.  But for price I paid I couldn't pass it up
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 10:14:45 PM EDT
[#7]
You can do a DIY KG Gunkote or other spray and bake product on it - they hold up well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top