Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/23/2015 9:56:13 PM EDT
I want a stock with good recoil absorption. I also prefer a shorter length of pull (especially on a pump shotgun) than most people probably would like.  Does anyone here have hands-on experience with this stock? Would you recommend it?
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 10:06:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes and yes

I'm over 6ft and can shoot it at the shortest length. And my thumb stays out ta my nose.  

I like mine alot
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 10:13:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yes and yes

I'm over 6ft and can shoot it at the shortest length. And my thumb stays out ta my nose.  

I like mine alot
View Quote

Thank you. I have a Blackhawk! NRG stock on there now and it absorbs NO recoil. That thing will beat the stew out of you.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 8:50:53 PM EDT
[#3]
I have one. It reduces recoil some and other than the fact that it's hideous, it's a pretty good stock. If you opt to add the magpul sling adapter that mounts between the stock and receiver it will cut the hell out of your hand if you switch firing hands.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 10:31:51 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yes and yes

I like mine alot
View Quote

This, except for the 6" part.  
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 11:59:09 PM EDT
[#5]
It is a very good stock system.

I've been shooting Remington shotguns for years (hunted with them, and used them at my last department). My home defense gun is an 870 Police, which has rifle sights. With a OEM Remington stock, I have no issue using bead sights, but rifle sights make me want to put my cheek a little higher than usual. Go a lot higher when I use my Burris scope on my slug gun. That feature for the Magpul stock is perfect for shooters that want a little different stock layout at a good price. Need to adjust length of pull... able to do that, as well. Sling attachments are also in common places, so you can run different types of setups.

That doesn't even touch on the forend, which gives a lot of versatility to a shooter. I was never a fan of Surefire forends. Running a short length of rail on the side of the forend gives me the ability to run a weapon light extremely easily. Even with no attachments, the forend feels pretty comfortable to run.

My Remington shotguns include that 870 Police, as well as two 11-87s (hunting guns). If they were two 870s, I'd probably have Magpul furniture on them. I do have a Mossberg 500, but running Hogue grips on that (it is that JIC2 model, which I wanted to keep in the pistol gripped form; pure enjoyment factor... nothing else).
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 6:12:13 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm happy with mine.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top