Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/19/2015 8:43:38 PM EDT
I installed Trijicon front and rear tritium 3-dot sights on a factory 20" barrel. The barrel is threaded for a choke tube and I'm running a cylinder bore choke.

I never shot the barrel before installing the new sights. The rear rifle sight is at it's lowest possible setting on the ramp. If I try to lower it any more it will loose support and clamping force.

Does Trijicon make different height front sight posts for Remington 870's? I need one at least 1/8" to 1/4" taller.

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 9:08:48 PM EDT
[#1]
You aren't using saboted slugs are you?

Pics of setup?
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 9:41:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You aren't using saboted slugs are you?

Pics of setup?
View Quote

I'd  second this question and add, who made the choke? Try an IC choke by a reputable maker. Might try different slugs too....
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 5:13:41 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm using Remington 2 3/4" standard slugs with Remington's factory choke tubes. My 28" vent rib "modified" choke barrel (no choke tubes) shoots dead on.

I can't post a picture, but the sights are your typical front post and sliding ramp mounted rear, both of them attached directly to the barrel.

I checked Trijicon's website and they only sell one set for the M870.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 6:26:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Does the shotgun have an extended magazine tube with that bridging clip between the tube and the barrel where one can attach a sling swivel? If you over/under tighten that clip, it bends the barrel ever so slightly and changes the POI when shooting slugs.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 9:29:25 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm using a one shot magazine extension and no clamp.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 9:39:56 PM EDT
[#6]
I don't know about Trijicon , the great guys at XS swap front posts for you in my experience.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 1:47:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Sounding like maybe the sights are designed for a vent rib barrel, with the added height of the rib to elevate the front sight, and that maybe the barrel you have them on is non ribbed.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top