Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/22/2014 8:27:35 AM EDT
I am looking at getting a super shorty shotgun, my question is for people here who have experience which do you recommend, the safety harbor or the serbu and the mossberg model or remington? Also anybody know what the availability of these are, anybody order once recently? Already have a 870 14inch SBS but looking for a fun range toy now. Any input greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 12:53:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I am looking at getting a super shorty shotgun, my question is for people here who have experience which do you recommend, the safety harbor or the serbu and the mossberg model or remington? Also anybody know what the availability of these are, anybody order once recently? Already have a 870 14inch SBS but looking for a fun range toy now. Any input greatly appreciated.
View Quote

Buy another 870, Form 1 as an SBS, chop the barrel, add a PG................that will cost you hundreds less than a Serbu. And being that its an SBS you can put a stock on it as soon as you realize the "Shorty" is next to useless. You can't do that with an AOW.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 5:14:38 PM EDT
[#2]
We'll I already have my factory 14inch gun which is my practical go to shotgun as above.  This is just a range toy but I'm really unsure of which brand to get serbu vs safety harbor. Would love to hear from some owners of both. Thanks for reply.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 9:31:32 PM EDT
[#3]
I went with a Serbu 870 Super Shorty. Nice small package and a fun range toy. Price was right at $800 in stock at a local dealer.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 10:15:43 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm assuming you could buy another barrel and mag tube for your receiver since it's already a SBS.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 8:32:44 AM EDT
[#5]
The super shorties are a permanent modification to the barrel and mag tube. I did read somewhere that the SHF supposedly has a stronger front end weld design than the serbu, which makes me lean that directions, anybody ordered from serbu or SHF and could give me an idea how long it took to transfer from either company , have heard of excessive wait times with serbu in the past?
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 8:44:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Ended up ordering a Keg 12 on the 870 receiver. Hopefully wait won't be too long. Would like to hear from others who have a Keg 12.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top