Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/27/2013 3:35:00 PM EDT
Well long story short I just snagged a decent mossberg 500 cracked forend and a decent amount of wear on the actual stock and missing some blueing also a sticky safety. So im looking at buying a hogue stock set and the brownells enhanced safety also picking up the tactical barrel and shot tube. I was curious what you guys would do to change it to more of a cheap tactical shotgun ?
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 4:29:30 PM EDT
[#1]
First of all, even with the problems you mentioned, you stole that thing!
If it were mine, I would just replace the safety and stock, get an 18" barrel,
and put a decent light on it. Refinish with Krylon, and you have yourself a
really great, cheap, tactical shotgun.

The Hogue stock you mentioned is perfect. If you're really going cheap, just
cut down the existing barrel. There are plenty of threads here on how to DIY.

I have a Sure-Fire G2 on my 870 I got the light, mount, and 20 batteries for
less than $80 I've beat the shit out of it, and it still works.

Krylon is actually a surprisingly durable finish, for something that costs about
$4 a can Get one of the outdoor or all-weather types, and put on a few coats
I did mine this way a few years ago and only rarely have had to touch it up.

Good luck with your project, and congratulations on the new shotgun!
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 12:02:04 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm also thinking of trying to setup a military type mossberg 500. But I'm having a hard time tracking down what they normally used seems to be all kinds of configs. Also will parts of any other mossbergs work on the 500 ?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top