Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/25/2013 5:57:31 PM EDT
I've been looking for some 12 ga dummy rounds for reload drills and the Fiocchi are out of stock or discontinued everwhere I've looked.

Anyone know where I can find an equivalant or how to safely make my own?
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 6:14:12 PM EDT
[#1]
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=12+gauge+azoom+snap+caps&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0&_nkw=12+gauge+snap+caps&_sacat=0
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 6:39:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I like the "A-ZOOM" brand sold by Brownells, Midway or Optics Planet. They are a little pricey but they are weighted correctly and will not break.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 6:54:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Know any guys that reload? Have a clay target club in your area? (stop by the club and ask if anyone reloads – its a safe bets that someone does). Have someone load up a few rounds using spent primers and you've got dummies.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 5:12:49 PM EDT
[#4]
saf-t-trainers is what I use. High visibility, but won't chip like the cheap ones. They hold up great.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 5:58:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
saf-t-trainers is what I use. High visibility, but won't chip like the cheap ones. They hold up great.
View Quote

Thanks for the link
Are they weighted to approximate a loaded shell? I can't tell from the description on that site.
I want them to do reload drills and would like them to be close in weight.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 11:36:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Hawktech Arms had some
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top