Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/27/2012 4:54:23 PM EDT
A few years back a got a deal on a blued Remington 870 with a factory folding stock and wood forearm. I put it in the back of the safe and forgot about it until now. I'm thinking about using it for my first SBS. I'm wanting to keep it "old school", the question I have is how short should I go on the barrel?
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 5:05:44 PM EDT
[#1]
14" factory barrels are easy to find.  Your first concern is getting the paperwork done and waiting for your stamp.  After that you're free to play around.  You have a few months to think about your options.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 5:17:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah - I understand the paperwork - I got several SBR's, surpressors and a SMG. The reason I'm asking about barrel length now is in order to complete the form 1, I need to enter a barrel length into box 4e. I see most barrels are 14" with a 1 shot mag extension. If I wanted to go bare basic could I get 13" (or even 12.5")? I will be cutting the Remington factory barrel once I get the stamp back.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 1:15:07 AM EDT
[#3]
It's been a while since I measured what length is flush with the factory magazine cap but I believe it is about 12 3/4 inches.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 3:44:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Yeah - I understand the paperwork - I got several SBR's, surpressors and a SMG. The reason I'm asking about barrel length now is in order to complete the form 1, I need to enter a barrel length into box 4e. I see most barrels are 14" with a 1 shot mag extension. If I wanted to go bare basic could I get 13" (or even 12.5")? I will be cutting the Remington factory barrel once I get the stamp back.

I have a 14 and a 12. I can get some pix after a while if you want to see what it looks like. PM me if you dont see a reply. I  dont come into here very often because it only ends up costing me money, and glares from the wife

12.5"

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top