Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/20/2012 4:37:52 AM EDT
I recently purchased an 870 express and am in the process of setting it up for tactical home use. So far I have put a Knox Adjustable butt stock with pistol grip and pistol grip forend on it. Next step is replacing the extremely large 28 inch barrel with an 18 or 18 1/2 inch barrel. I recently ran across the Remington tactical chokes and know they probably don't serve much purpose, they look pretty badass!! Now come the questions.

Do all barrels come with internal threads that would allow me to screw the tactical choke in or so come come smoothe?

I was planning on getting a +2 mag tube, but since it looks like the tactical choke extends an inch or so past the barrel would a +3 mag tube ext be flush with the tactical choke or would It go past the end?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Troy
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 5:32:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Not all 18 1/2" barrels are threaded for chokes. And it depends on the extension tube but the factory +3 sticks out a bit in front of the breachees choke.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 10:22:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the info. I guess I'll just have to be sure it's threaded before I buy it.

Does the factory +3 stick out past on what size barrel? You say that's with the tactical choke?
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 7:19:23 PM EDT
[#3]
20" barrel will be close to flush with a +3 extension.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top