Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/26/2012 5:30:54 PM EDT
So I recently picked up a basic 870 Express Magnum for home protection and all around blasting.   I picked it up used and I got a good deal.   I had planned on leaving it stock and just loading it up with 00 buck should the need ever arise but I ended up buying a tacstar side saddle (cheap, not terrible reviews).    I knew the stock synthetic forend  (field type) would not cycle with the side saddle on (6 round) and thought it would be a pretty easy job with a dremel.   Well... the dremel took a dump half way through.  Instead of waiting and being patient, I grabbed a hack saw.  Horrible cut job later, it works, but looks like total crap!   Its actually embarrassing.

I guess I am in the market for a new one.    Really dont want to spend another $30 bucks.   I guess its off to ebay I go for an old corn cob or some other used one....   Maybe a magpul down the road, but don't want to reward myself for being a total dolt...

Damn it.

Lesson learned.

Link Posted: 10/26/2012 5:44:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Cheap LE style Forends can be found for $15 on ebay, and they work just fine with the Tacstar shell carrier.
Link Posted: 10/26/2012 5:48:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks.  Looking now.  I found a few around $10 -$15 range (plus shipping of course).  Gunsmithing ( Ahem...using a f#@king hacksaw) apparently is not my calling.

Link Posted: 10/27/2012 4:56:54 AM EDT
[#3]
can you smooth it out with some files/sand paper??
Link Posted: 10/27/2012 9:06:45 AM EDT
[#4]
I bought a Magpul stock and forend for my 870.  I will give you my factory forend if you want it.  Its off of a 870LE so I think its the speedfeed tactical forend and its brand new.  Only problem is that my shotgun is at Wilson Combat having sights installed.  Hope to have it back in a few weeks.  If you don't mind waiting I'll send it to you when I have it.  Send me a PM if your interested.
Link Posted: 10/27/2012 9:11:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I bought a Magpul stock and forend for my 870.  I will give you my factory forend if you want it.  Its off of a 870LE so I think its the speedfeed tactical forend and its brand new.  Only problem is that my shotgun is at Wilson Combat having sights installed.  Hope to have it back in a few weeks.  If you don't mind waiting I'll send it to you when I have it.  Send me a PM if your interested.

That is why I love ar15.com..... good on you sir!!!
Link Posted: 10/27/2012 8:03:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Thanks!  PM sent.   Love this place.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 3:17:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Huge thank you goes out to DitchDr.  The 870 will no longer be a mess due to his generosity!
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 6:10:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Huge thank you goes out to DitchDr.  The 870 will no longer be a mess due to his generosity!

Happy Thanksgiving
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top