Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/2/2012 2:35:44 AM EDT
Apparently very few of these were imported to America, but do any of you know much about them? I have handled one and was quite impressed by how well made it was. They are no longer produced, which is always a worry when it comes to spare parts.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 6:15:44 PM EDT
[#1]
The Franchi semi/pump shotguns always looked cool but always fell short on performance.  Fussy shotguns that didn't really work all that great.  Over complicated and heavy monsters IMHO.  The SIAGA shotguns almost certainly outclass them in every respect and especially in price and reliability.

The SPAS 15 looks cool but it is not what most would consider a first choice in a combat scatter gun.  From a collector perspective it might be worth adding to a collection but I would not use it for any serious work and if it breaks or needs parts you are probably shit out of luck.

If you want a reliable semiauto shotgun and have to have an Italian one buy a Benelli Super 90 or M4.

If you want a shotgun with a detachable magazine think about a Siaga.  

Just my 2 cents.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 8:46:58 PM EDT
[#2]
They are large, heavy and expensive, didn't work that great, and often had issues with the receiver cracking. So if you want and expensive shotgun the doesn't run well the SPAS 12 is your gun, otherwise there are many cheaper options that work 10x better, and are designed better.
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 5:24:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
had issues with the receiver cracking.

Now that would be a real problem. I don't mind having to get small parts fabricated, but having a receiver go would probably mean the shotgun stayed an expensive paperweight.

There's something weird about the SPAS-15 as there just seems to be very little information on after-sales support and marketing. I assume Franchi stopped production. There were a lot of quite new examples on German sites about a year ago, some still boxed.

Maybe an email to Franchi will provide an answer? They certainly don't advertise them any longer.

Link Posted: 7/3/2012 5:55:42 PM EDT
[#4]
There are there on gunbroker right now,  one is 15k and the other is 12k one says one of two and the other one of ten in the country ()
The third says one of 180 .

The last time I saw mags they were extremely expensive too. But if you are a collector it is a sweet piece (Blows the Spas-12 out of the water), If you let me shoot me shoot it I'll bring my own ammo.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top