Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/16/2012 7:25:47 PM EDT
I won a certificate good for a shotgun Pro-port at a local Republican fundraiser.  

My only shotgun is an 18" Remington 870.

Does it make sense to port this?  Will it help?  

Link Posted: 2/16/2012 7:54:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I would not do it on that one if it is you defense or a patrol gun. It's a hell of a mess when you press the trigger. Huge flash and shit flying everywhere.
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 7:57:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Not loud enough already?  Maybe buy a 26" bbl, Magna Port, sell on EE, profit?

How good are these Republicans @ porting a shotgun bbl, anyway?  I'd want a gunsmith to do it, myself : )

Gig 'em,

backbencher
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 4:38:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I would not do it on that one if it is you defense or a patrol gun. It's a hell of a mess when you press the trigger. Huge flash and shit flying everywhere.

I cannot imagine magna porting being worse than my ported VCS barrel and that is not nearly as bad as everyone makes it out to be.

OP, if you have doubts, sell the certificate on the EE.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top