Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/4/2012 4:02:11 PM EDT
I got a good deal on an almost new Remington 870 Police Magnum. I want to put a mag extension on it. It has the 18" barrel. I like the way it handles and have an older 870 with a 20" barrel and a factory plus 3 extension. It is a good gun but with the extension it doesn't handle as well as it could. I am looking at the Scattergun extension for the new gun and am drawn to the plus 1 extension since it would help the gun handle better but wonder if it is worth $45 to gain one round? Any one tried the plus 1? Any pics of it on a gun?
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 4:35:53 PM EDT
[#1]

I also have Scattergun +2 on another gun. The +1 feels not much different than a 870 without an extension. The +2 feels dramatically different. You would be in good company of several well respected shotgun trainers if you choose the +1 over the +2.

I myself prefer muzzle heavy shotguns, at least for "social purposes" so just about all of the guns I have feature a +2.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 4:48:55 PM EDT
[#2]
but the +2 looks so much cooler though

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 4:51:59 PM EDT
[#3]
I like the +1 and Form 1 it for a SBS and chop the barrel to 14" so it's flush with the mag extension

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 5:41:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the pics. I am torn. I keep hearing Rommel saying "In a man to man fight, the winner is he who has one more round in his magazine." A nearby dept traded in some hardly used 870P's and the place that had them was selling them for $175. I wish I could have bought them all. I cleaned the one I got up and it is almost new. I put a big head safety on it but can't decide about the extension. I am going to order one tomorrow though. I am very surprised how much the Surefire weapon lights for the 870 cost. The last one I bought was $179.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top