Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/2/2011 10:30:08 PM EDT
is it possible to buy a new, receiver from mossberg and build the shotgun you want off of that?
i would really like to buy a new receiver  for a mossberg 500 and build it how i want it. i think it would be a great project if it can be done.
if i were to do this, does anyone know what price range i would be looking at?

any info would be greatly appreciated!
thanks,
jake
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 5:18:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Now and then there are some on gunbroker. Usually $50-$100. But for the cost of the internal parts, mag tube, stock etc. you can get a basic Mossberg 500 with 18" barrel and synthetic stocks for about $200 new. Just sell off what you dont want and build from there.
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 9:16:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Are you looking for new so you can build an AOW, or stripped so you can build a shotgun?  

I doubt you'll find it to be cheaper than buying a complete Mossberg.  Centerfire Systems used to have Mossberg receivers for years, but they appear to no longer have them.
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 9:27:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Are you looking for new so you can build an AOW, or stripped so you can build a shotgun?  

I doubt you'll find it to be cheaper than buying a complete Mossberg.  Centerfire Systems used to have Mossberg receivers for years, but they appear to no longer have them.

i am looking for new, not stripped.
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 11:03:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Like Remington and most other shotgun makers, Mossberg will not sell just the receiver.

The receivers you do see are ex-police guns that have been stripped of parts and are in well-used condition.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top