Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/1/2011 6:16:52 AM EDT
And I didn't realize it until I got home but I got the rifled barrel version.

Considering that I bought it primarily for 3 gun and possible HD duty on the side this isn't going to work. I'm going to call the dealer and ask if they'll let me swap barrels if they have a smooth bore in stock. If they don't I'm gonna have to buy one. So do I get another 22" w rifle sights and cantilever rail or go with a 24" VR and have a rear sight milled in later if need be? Both are about the same price.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 6:41:02 PM EDT
[#1]
You're probably not going to be surprised by this answer... I got both.

My SLP Mk1 came with the 22" barrel.  The sight picture with the cantilever rail seemed too cluttered for me, so I ordered the 24" VR barrel.  I feel faster with a VR barrel.

YMMV,
-Randy
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 6:19:40 PM EDT
[#2]
I called them up and since I didn't fire it they let me switch out the whole gun.

I put a few slugs and some birdshot through it today. Man I like this gun!!!! Now for some mods, bolt handle, weld the lifter, bolt release etc
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 6:41:34 PM EDT
[#3]
That is one fine gun store you have there.  NO store that I know of would swap it out regardless of it being fired since it is pre-owned and registered.  That is outstanding service.  If I were you, I would drop off a six pack of beer as a thank you.  They saved you over a hundred bucks for a new barrel.  

Quoted:
I called them up and since I didn't fire it they let me switch out the whole gun.

I put a few slugs and some birdshot through it today. Man I like this gun!!!! Now for some mods, bolt handle, weld the lifter, bolt release etc

Link Posted: 10/2/2011 8:00:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
That is one fine gun store you have there.  NO store that I know of would swap it out regardless of it being fired since it is pre-owned and registered.  That is outstanding service.  If I were you, I would drop off a six pack of beer as a thank you.  They saved you over a hundred bucks for a new barrel.  

Quoted:

registered with who?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top