Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2011 12:10:18 PM EDT
I cannot find the front sight on my M2 . It takes too much for me to focus it in.
Is there a front sight, fiber optic, that mounts without fuss?
Link Posted: 9/16/2011 3:31:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/16/2011 10:30:18 AM EDT
[#2]

Thanks. Ordered one today and will post back.
It uses a .040" pipe. We shall see.
Link Posted: 9/17/2011 2:32:18 PM EDT
[#3]
I have one. Its not that bright. You will also need a special 5mm wrench to mount it. .
Link Posted: 9/23/2011 12:00:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Tried mine today. Did not even mount it, No improvement.
There is a nice shelf to mount something more substantial though. I think some other , larger sight holding a larger diameter  sight insert could be adapted.
Someone surely has done this.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 8:17:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Tried mine today. Did not even mount it, No improvement.
There is a nice shelf to mount something more substantial though. I think some other , larger sight holding a larger diameter  sight insert could be adapted.
Someone surely has done this.

I just this tried using a 0.04 inch fiber optic rod. Works a lot better but you still wont see it in a dark room. I am not sure if it will hold up but the switch is very easy. It only takes 10 seconds. All you do is slide in the rod with about 1/8 to 1/16 inch protruding and very briefly melt the ends with a lighter.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top