Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/30/2011 3:59:40 PM EDT
???
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 4:10:45 PM EDT
[#1]
M4s are sold in the factory configurations. Mods are done by the buyer.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 4:11:55 PM EDT
[#2]
The short answer- NO.  Head on over Benelli Forums That's the best place to start looking for the parts necessary for all things M4.  Good luck
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 4:49:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Dealers just sell the weapon straight from Italy. Most dealers don't even know about 922R and the M4 and the ones that do know don't care.

As of now there is barely just enough parts to ensure legality. Carrier Comp offers a full length US tube with US follower and spring. Freedom Fighter Tactical offers US handguards.

If you have a collapsible stock you have to add a fourth part; your most likely going to have to wait for Carrier Comp's trigger and disconector to add some more off of the list.

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 5:08:55 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm no expert on 922R. My understanding is you need three US made parts. Magazine tube, follower and Buttstock (with integral pistol grip) are on the list. I suggest the Carrier Comp titanium tube with follower (included) and the Urbino Tactical stock. All are very easy to install and are great improvements over the civilian M4 parts.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 5:59:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I thought there might be dealers setting up the M4 with U.S parts like they do the Saiga.

You get so many different answers about 922 compliant parts when it comes to the Benelli that getting one set up from a dealer would give peace of mind.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 8:50:52 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I thought there might be dealers setting up the M4 with U.S parts like they do the Saiga.

You get so many different answers about 922 compliant parts when it comes to the Benelli that getting one set up from a dealer would give peace of mind.

The reason why the Saigas are already converted is that there is a larger base for the Saiga and the 922R list is written pertaining to AKs, but was meant to apply universally.

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 12:33:29 AM EDT
[#7]
While it may not be common there are dealers who will do it with all the mods; collapsible stock, extended tube and fully compliant. I ran across a dealer once who was selling them in this state but was asking $2500 for them. i didn't bother to get the dealers name though
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 6:22:35 PM EDT
[#8]
FFT just came out with their US made handguards that look exactly like the original Benelli ones. They also have mag tubes and followers and offer them all as a kit. So with that you'll be able to have a full length tube and factory collapsible stock.

Like me.

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 3:15:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
FFT just came out with their US made handguards that look exactly like the original Benelli ones. They also have mag tubes and followers and offer them all as a kit. So with that you'll be able to have a full length tube and factory collapsible stock.

Like me.

Thanks!!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 5:33:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I dont know any business that is going to alter the M4 when Benelli doesnt sell them the way they should be. The lawyers would eat them alive.

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 6:29:06 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Like me.

You need a fourth part with a collapsible stock. The C-stock actually adds a part against the count. With the fixed stock you only need three.

Link Posted: 5/3/2011 11:38:56 AM EDT
[#12]
922r prohibits the act of modifying an imported gun, so there is some legal peril for a 3rd party manufacturer to undertake this, especially when 922r regarding the Benelli M4 is quite vague. ATF has issued contradictory letters about the M4.

The mods void the factory warranty with Benelli and a licensed manufacturer offering modded guns cannot fully disclaim a warranty on their own work either, so there is a lot of liability surrounding this idea.

And since the mods are so easy, it would be hard to make a profit in that endeavor.

Not to mention the demand is really low for 922r compliant Benellis. Most people don't care.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 11:44:54 AM EDT
[#13]
To do so would require a MFG license:

Generally, a person should obtain a license as a manufacturer of firearms if the person:

1) is performing operations that create firearms or alter firearms
(in the case of alterations, the work is not being performed at the
request of customers, rather the person who is altering the firearms is
purchasing them making the changes, and then reselling them);

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top