Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/13/2011 11:28:38 AM EDT
For those of you with the Mesa high tube adapters, do you have to install that short piece of rail that goes over the receiver?  Is that required for stabilization purposes?  If not, do you know if you can install the shell holders with the full length rails in conjunction with high tube adapter, or does the use of one prevent the other?  Doing a build soon, and I'd like to be able to use both.

Thanks much!
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 4:16:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Bumping for info.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 4:59:53 AM EDT
[#2]
To answer your first question, no, you don't need to use the rail on top if you don't want to. The thing is rock solid, you could use it as a club if you wanted. As far as your second question, I think you're askng if you could use a shell holder sideways on top. Is that correct? I havn't tried. I'll have to see when I get home from work. I could tell you right now that if it worked it would not be flush with the receiver as the rail floats about a 1/4 inch above the receiver and is supported by a small piece of plastic at the end.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 5:24:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
For those of you with the Mesa high tube adapters, do you have to install that short piece of rail that goes over the receiver?  Is that required for stabilization purposes?  If not, do you know if you can install the shell holders with the full length rails in conjunction with high tube adapter, or does the use of one prevent the other?  Doing a build soon, and I'd like to be able to use both.

Thanks much!

Quoted:
To answer your first question, no, you don't need to use the rail on top if you don't want to. The thing is rock solid, you could use it as a club if you wanted. As far as your second question, I think you're askng if you could use a shell holder sideways on top. Is that correct? I havn't tried. I'll have to see when I get home from work. I could tell you right now that if it worked it would not be flush with the receiver as the rail floats about a 1/4 inch above the receiver and is supported by a small piece of plastic at the end.

No, no, no, no, he's asking if he can use this

together with the rail that came with his high tube which would be a NO.

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 8:48:58 AM EDT
[#4]
You CAN use the sidesaddle with attched rail AND the high tube adaptor WITHOUT the rail that comes with it. (you can't use the rail from the high-tube, but obviously don't need it since you have a rail on the saddle).  So no, you don't HAVE to use the rail that comes with the high tube.

I actually tried (and failed) to get that info from Mesa, but was able to use it.  No problems at all
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 2:49:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
You CAN use the sidesaddle with attched rail AND the high tube adaptor WITHOUT the rail that comes with it. (you can't use the rail from the high-tube, but obviously don't need it since you have a rail on the saddle).  So no, you don't HAVE to use the rail that comes with the high tube.

I actually tried (and failed) to get that info from Mesa, but was able to use it.  No problems at all

This was what I was looking for, thanks.  I was looking at that short rail that came with the hightube adapter and wondering if it was necessary.  Seemed like it might sandwich the receiver and provide stability.  But it sounds like its steady enough w/o it.  Thanks all.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top