Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/7/2010 7:38:00 AM EDT
I currently have a Benelli, Inertia Driven, and I love the gun. The only thing I wish is that it was gas driven to make the recoil less (I have a wood stock right now). Is there any gas driven gun, of high quality like Benelli, that is as reliable with just as little matenence? I know people have gone multiple thousands of round with Benelli's between cleanings, and have no issues. I was just curious if there are gas driven shoty's that require as little cleaning.

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 8:14:31 AM EDT
[#1]
You can try the FN SLP/Winchester SX2/SX3, which are modern gas guns and quite reliable, but which do have to be adapted when switching between light and heavy loads. Berettas have a good reputation too, and the new (coming soon) Remington Versa Max is claimed to be super-reliable. However, gas guns do still need some basic level of cleaning and maintenance to keep the gas system clean - if you don't have the time or inclination to clean your shotgun, then you are probably best off sticking with the Benelli and sticking a recoil-absorbing buttpad on it.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 8:55:06 AM EDT
[#2]
I prefer Browning recoil-action semi-autos.

It's a shame that folks stopped making them.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 9:12:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Let me clear something up. I know some of you probably think I neglect my guns, since I asked about not cleaning etc. I do take care of my firearms and clean them after every outing. I just was wondering if there was any gas guns that had the reliability and ease of matenence of an inertia driven shoty.

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 10:13:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Given the nature of a gas gun's operation, I doubt you'll find one that is as tolerant of dirt as a Benelli inertia gun.  

That said, modern gas guns like the SX3/Gold/Maxus are pretty tolerant of dirt.  They will handle several hundred rounds before needing attention.  Of course, the quality of shells plays a role too.

IMO, the mitigated recoil is worth it.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 10:17:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 4:41:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Beretta A391 Xtrema II is supposed to be as reliable.

Browning Gold/Silver/Winchester/FN is probably fairly reliable too.

I'd probably just get a 1100 and learn to work on it.

All of the Browning Long Recoil designs are good to but you did ask for gas.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 12:59:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Nobody's mentioned the Benelli M4 Super 90? I know they are expensive though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benelli_M4_Super_90

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:12:48 AM EDT
[#8]
I am aware of the M4, and I know it has the "self cleaning" Argo gas system, But i didnt know if this set-up was as "dirt-resistant" as an inertia driven shoty like an M2 etc.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top