Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/25/2010 9:50:44 AM EDT
i have the 500 cruiser and after firing a couple rounds of buck thru it realized what a mistake that was so i was going to put a regular stock and the mossberg ghost ring sight set on it and my question is has anybody done the ghost ring installation themselves and how much trouble i would be getting into doing it myself. im not a gunsmith and would have just regular tools at my disposal.

this is the set
http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=170449
Link Posted: 8/25/2010 10:08:19 AM EDT
[#1]

I put them on my model 590. If you can braze well, it's no problem. I can't so I had a friend/ co-worker do it for me.
The rear is just held on with screws, no problem there.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 4:04:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Can the Mossberg sight set be JB Welded to the barrel?  ANyone have any success with sdding the Ghost ring set?
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 6:41:44 PM EDT
[#3]
I have installed a few of those front sights by drilling the front sight base for a counter sunk screw then drilling and tapping the barrel for the screw (instead of soldering or brazing the sight on)

The rear sight requires 2  (maybe its 3 ?) drilled and and tapped holes on the receiver. Is your receiver factory drilled & tapped for a scope base?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top