Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/2/2010 2:52:44 PM EDT
Hi Guys:

I am new to shotguns, so please excuse my newbie questions. So far I have tried the Walmart 00 buck from Remington, Federal 7.5 birdshot and the 00 Vital shock from Federal. Needless to say the Federal Vital Shock shot the best. 1.5 inches at 7 yards and ~2 inches at 10 yards. My goal is to achieve that with cheap Remington 7.5 birdshot and Remington 00 buck by having the barrel threaded and proper choke tubes installed. The following is a list of my questions:

1. Is this a realistic expectation with the cheap Walmart stuff and choke tubes
2. After the barrel is threaded is a skeet choke tube and cylinder choke tube the same? I still want to shoot Vital Shock ammo.
3. Is using an improved cylinder or full choke not good for 00 buck loads due to deformation of pellets?
4. What are the best choke tubes to get for this type of shotgun?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Link Posted: 6/2/2010 3:07:07 PM EDT
[#1]
I got mine threaded by forum member GunCat and couldn't have been happier.

Very helpful guy, and spent a significant amount of time on the phone walking me through my options.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top