Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/18/2009 4:58:44 PM EDT
Hey,

Anybody have or use one of these?  Can just the laser be used?

Thanks
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 5:31:30 PM EDT
[#1]
I wouldn't go with a laser on a shotgun because of the recoil. It might shatter the laser's "Bulb".
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 7:09:07 PM EDT
[#2]
I've got one on one of my 870's.  So far it's held up well.  It's one switch so it's all or nothing.

my review

Rob
Link Posted: 12/19/2009 3:38:09 AM EDT
[#3]
I have one too. As others have said the light and laser are run by the same switch. That is one of the reasons I do not like it.

Another reason I do not like it is that when you use the remote tape switch you only have a momentary switch. You have to unplug the remote tape switch to use the tiny maintained on/off switch on the back of the unit. Plus the cord on the tape switch is too long for a standard 20" barrel/+3 extension combo which leaves a lot extra to snag on things.

Also, the unit is bulky and makes the gun more muzzle heavy.

It makes take down a pain as it does not just slide off after the three allen bolts are removed. I have to fight in on and off every time.

If you are going to use one, do not use it with a Tacstar extension as the extra weight of the LMS1202 caused the press fit tube of the the Tacstar extension to pull out of the mounting collar on me once (better yet, do not use a Tacstar extension in the first place).

Link Posted: 12/19/2009 4:16:16 PM EDT
[#4]
LaserMax only recommends the use of the Remington factory extension tube, which adds to the cost of the total "unit".  But I believe the reason is the way the Remington mounts and the fact that it is stronger than a lot of the other brands.   The one major PITA with the unit is removing it to properly clean the gun by removing the barrel.  The weight is also a downside as well as there being no provision for a sling swivel.

Rob
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top