Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/3/2009 3:16:15 PM EDT
They work. Period.

But only if you spend the money to do it right.

I mounted the Aimpoint T1 http://www.rainierarms.com/?page=sho...product_id=843 I purchased in the ADM Low mount http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=2...NT_MICRO_MOUNT, and slapped it on the rail. I put the collapsible stock on and set it to the middle length setting.

Wow. Wherever you point the shotgun, a red-dot is hovering in your FOV. Instant. Paint the target, bang. Period. There is NO WAY ghost-rings would be faster. The only thing faster than this is just "point shooting".

Now if you have the OEM PG stock, you can't do this. The red-dot will be above your normal plane of sight, which means you must then "find" the dot by moving your head around like some sort of turtle reaching for a piece greens held by a first-grader with palsy. It just won't work. Irons are better for you if you refuse to buy the collapsible stock. If you have one, however, the T1 and ADM Low mount are tops.

*Other mounts for the T1 include:

B&T LRP (sold as a "retrofit kit" by Aimpoint): Nice, but even Aimpoint tech-support doesn't like it.

LaRue: Probably the best T1 mount out there, but the recoil lug gets chewed up by Benelli's axially relieved rail.

KAC: Very similar to the ADM, but over $200.

ADM: Very similar to the GG&G type mounts, VERY solid. Perfect height in the "low" version.

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 3:19:37 PM EDT
[#1]
That's a mean looking setup... I'm afraid to ask what you have invested in your baby
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 3:27:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
That's a mean looking setup... I'm afraid to ask what you have invested in your baby

Yeah? I'm afraid to add it up. How's that? Titanium full-length tube coming soon. Barrel, oddly enough, is at Benelli in MD. The FSB was slightly, ever so slightly, crooked. Only showed up with a practiced eye or on a glass table-top. However, It looked "off" to me, so I sent it back for a swap out. I run Briley flush-fit MOD chokes, FWIW. On my last 2 M4's they have produced patterns that put 50%+ of a OOO Buck load into 12-14" at 50m.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 3:59:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Oh that's the one that you sent the barrel back on?  I hope it turns out well.  I don't doubt they'll make it right.

Not only do you have a M4, you have THREE... that's pretty awesome
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 4:16:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Oh that's the one that you sent the barrel back on?  I hope it turns out well.  I don't doubt they'll make it right.

Not only do you have a M4, you have THREE... that's pretty awesome

Had. I sold/traded/whatnot. I owned 3, all at different times. This is the latest.

They (Benelli) recieved my barrel and said they were working on guns logged in Oct. 23, call them back Friday.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:05:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Nice set uo 12_gauge

I have a Trijicon Reflex on a Benelli M1 Practical

If you want to have some fun sight in your M4 and Aimpoint and then shoot a round of trap and watch the Fudds loose their minds.  First time out with my set up I shot a 23 out of 25...and I suck at trap

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:17:47 PM EDT
[#6]
We really don't have too many Fudd's here. I live next to one of the largest military installations in the country, and I live in the South. People here like their AR's/AK's!
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:36:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Optics on a shot gun?

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:04:18 PM EDT
[#8]

1. Buy Brenneke's
2. Take to range
3. Let us know how it does at 300 yards on a wind-less day. Seriously.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:15:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Well you could put a 20X scope on a shotgun, although I didn't even test to see if the eye relief was good.  As silly as it is, I might actually try it at the range... if no one else is around.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:26:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Well you could put a 20X scope on a shotgun, although I didn't even test to see if the eye relief was good.  As silly as it is, I might actually try it at the range... if no one else is around.

Screw 'em. Do it.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 1:10:39 AM EDT
[#11]

Bet that's a fun cheek weld
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 4:09:57 AM EDT
[#12]
I havn't tried optics on my M4 yet, but I have mounted my Aimpoint M4 on just for fun. The Aimpoint M4 without the riser installed has the perfect elevation on my M4; it just requires a light cheek weld, and doesn't obstruct the front sight post. I probably won't ever use it since an Aimpoint M4 is too bulky on a shotgun; I use this Aimpoint exclusively on my AR15. Just to note my M4 has the fixed stock.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 5:50:41 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I havn't tried optics on my M4 yet, but I have mounted my Aimpoint M4 on just for fun. The Aimpoint M4 without the riser installed has the perfect elevation on my M4; it just requires a light cheek weld, and doesn't obstruct the front sight post. I probably won't ever use it since an Aimpoint M4 is too bulky on a shotgun; I use this Aimpoint exclusively on my AR15. Just to note my M4 has the fixed stock.

Trying an optic with the collapsible stock will ruin the fixed for you. I once had a setup like this and had a "light cheek weld". It was great for the range, but it wasn't my "natural" cheek weld and I had to spend a split second finding the dot when I shouldered the weapon. This is natural and instinctive and instant.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top