Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/2/2009 7:25:06 PM EDT
Ok so it looks like I'll be aquiring a Rem 870p here soon. I am new to shotguns so I'll more than likely have a bunch of questions. One I have now is, I have seen some people's SG's with the Ace skeleton stock on it. I am kinda interested in this setup and was wondering where a good place to find info on this is. Anyways I'll post up pics when I get it for all you (like me) pic whores
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 8:05:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Congrats!! You have chosen... Wisely

Do you have a pic of the stock you are looking at already on an 870?

If you have any questions at all, we are hear for you

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:26:06 AM EDT
[#2]
I think you mean an AR15 stock adapter with the ACE stock?  Companies like Mesa Tactical make stock adapters.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 3:12:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Well I got it. It's just the basic 870. I tried taking a pic for you guys but my camera shat out on me. I'll get one eventually. Anyways what are some places other than Mesa Tactical that I can get parts from?
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 3:14:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Sportsman's Guide has the LEO adapter for cheap, and if you look online they have a TON of coupon codes.  MudwayUSA also stocks Mesa gear; I don't know about Brownell's since i never shop there.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 3:50:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 4:34:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Yea I planned on running it stock for a while, and just looking and researching all the different options there are and then making the choice. I'll be firing it Wednesday for Dept. qual. so I'll talk to some of the guys there and see what everyone is running and how they like it.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 4:45:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 5:01:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Haha yea but mine has the polymer stock. I wish my camera hadn't dumped on me. I was actually taking the picture, and just as it snapped, the dang thing cut off.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 5:13:33 PM EDT
[#9]
It's good as is, but I would only add a side saddle and a light.

Hope you do well OP

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 5:49:11 PM EDT
[#10]
I keep it simple. I tried the collapsible, and pistol griped stock, and went back to a field stock. As for the ACE stock, I have one on my AR15 it's a great stock, but the only thing I don't like about it is that it's pad is a bit too narrow; although the pad is quick soft I still don't recommend using it to blunt the recoil of a shotgun due to its small diameter. The buffer tube on the stock is quite thick, and is designed to keep the receiver extension tube from bending which will seize up your AR if that does happen, but the thick tube isn't necessary on a shotgun. As for a stock adapter I'd probably only use a Mesa myself.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:03:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Yea so far all I want/need is a light and maybe a side saddle. I am undecided on the stock. I think I'll enjoy the "stockness" nor a while
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 10:50:23 PM EDT
[#12]
On lights you can go all out with a Surefire 618 like I did and somewhat regret, or you can just buy a Surefire G2 or 6P for cheaper, and mount it to the mag tube. If you were to go that route get a Z59 click on tail cap switch from Surefire. The main thing I don't like about the 618 is that it's significantly heavier than just mounting a G2 on a clamp. Using a Z59 tail cap will give you momentary and click on capabilities with your Surefire just like the 618. The clamp method may be a little bit awkward, but I think the lighter weight, and less bulk make it totally worth it.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 4:25:29 AM EDT
[#13]
I run a G2L in a QD bracket on a Streamlight mount.  If you're starting out, the TRL-1 is hard to beat for $100 for a dedicated weapon light.  If you're like me and wanted double duty out of the SureFire, the G2L is a solid choice.  One of my 870s is currently being used to eliminate raccoons with that light setup.  #6 bird does a number on small pests
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top