Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/2/2009 5:15:49 PM EDT
OK- new to the auto shotgun thing- I got me a cop turn in 1187, and just did some mods. One was the choate extended bolt handle. The directions said just pull out the old one and put in the new one. I did, and it seemed WAY too easy. Is this normal? It just seems to me that a part that fits this loose in something like a 12 gauge may fly out when I am firing the thing. BTW, the tension seemed equal on both the factory and aftermarket parts as far as taking them off or putting them in. Any insight to this  matter would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 5:24:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Yep it's that easy. It's just a spring and a small ball bearing that locks into a detent on the latch.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 5:40:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Yep it's that easy. It's just a spring and a small ball bearing that locks into a detent on the latch.

+1
Very easy change.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 6:43:28 PM EDT
[#3]
I suggest you just as easily pull out that piece of crap and put the factory original back in. I used to have one, and have seen several fall out at inopportune moments at 3-gun matches. I have two of them in my junk parts box - the one I bought and removed, and one I found when we were tearing down a stage at a match. This is one case of "not broke - don't fix".
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 8:39:10 PM EDT
[#4]
I have one on my 11-87P and I have installed many others and have never had an issue with them.  It is built to the specs as the factory one as far as how it attaches in the bolt so there is no reason it should fail.   My expirience with them is all positive and I recommend them
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:54:43 PM EDT
[#5]
I've also seen them cause malfunctions when they hit door frames etc. - unless you really feel you are going to have a problem operating the OEM charging handle, why take the chance ?
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 8:09:41 PM EDT
[#6]
I would only run it if it weighs the same or less than factory.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 2:23:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Hey thanks to all- I test fired the thing yesterday and it worked fine. I will be using it for 3-gun, so to some extent I can afford to expirement- this is not a gun I got  to save my life with or anything- I got better stuff for that. If it becomes a problem, I have no issues replacing the handle.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top