Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/10/2009 11:25:29 AM EDT
Charles Daily Special Purpose Tactical. Anyone have a review on this gun

http://www.charlesdaly.com/images/fsemi_tactical_s.jpg
Link Posted: 8/10/2009 1:11:02 PM EDT
[#1]
I have never see or heard of it, but from experience with CD other shotguns, I can tell you its crap. Dressing it up like a benelli does not make it one. m4whore
Link Posted: 8/10/2009 1:59:40 PM EDT
[#2]
I have seen one in person.  It looks pretty decent.  I believe it is Turkish made.

Now, how it will shoot, and how it will hold up, I have no idea.

If I were going to buy a Turkish made shotgun, it would be one of the Stoeger imports.  It looks like a Benellis where it is really important, on the inside.

That is the one I would like to see a review of.
Link Posted: 8/10/2009 2:54:14 PM EDT
[#3]
But....but....but it says "tactical"!

In all seriousness I woulnt trust a semiauto tactical shotgun thats runs $500 (i think thats what they were)

If your getting it or shits and giggles go for it, but if your life depends on stay away.
Link Posted: 8/10/2009 2:54:22 PM EDT
[#4]
I wouldn't be so quick to judge.  Since CD has moved into the AR world they have really stepped up their game on the tactical side of the house.   Their AR's are really nice.
Link Posted: 8/11/2009 12:45:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
It looks like a Benellis where it is really important, on the inside.
quote]

So it has an inertia system? I doubt it. I don’t trust their semi shottys, I agree they are doing good with their AR’s though. I have a dumb friend who bough one CD semi auto and it broke so often in the first 500 rounds that he bought another one just for parts for the first one. It was the dumbest logic… but then he finally bought a Benelli m2 after wasting all that money. M4whore
Link Posted: 8/11/2009 1:40:03 PM EDT
[#6]
So it has an inertia system? I doubt it.  

The example I saw, I held alongside a Benelli, and while the receiver had a different profile, the internal parts looked identical.  So I did a little internet research.    http://www.stoegerindustries.com/firearms/stoeger_model_2000.php

So yes, it is an inertia system.  Considering Stoeger and Benellis parent, this comes as no big surprise.

The Charles Daly I looked at was a pump.  I think I saw a CD auto, also, but it was not tricked out like the pump.

The only thing the two had in common other than both being 12 gauge shotguns is that both were manufactured in Turkey, and both were aimed at the US social shotgun market.
Link Posted: 8/12/2009 7:02:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

The example I saw, I held alongside a Benelli, and while the receiver had a different profile, the internal parts looked identical.  So I did a little internet research.    http://www.stoegerindustries.com/firearms/stoeger_model_2000.php

So yes, it is an inertia system.  Considering Stoeger and Benellis parent, this comes as no big surprise.

The Charles Daly I looked at was a pump.  I think I saw a CD auto, also, but it was not tricked out like the pump.

The only thing the two had in common other than both being 12 gauge shotguns is that both were manufactured in Turkey, and both were aimed at the US social shotgun market.

So are you saying that the pump had an inertia system, because that would even make sense? m4whore
Link Posted: 8/12/2009 7:26:49 PM EDT
[#8]
The Charles Daly Special Purpose Tactical is a pump action.  The Stoeger I looked at is an auto-loader.  It definitely has a Benelli style action.  No doubt about that, even confirmed by the website.

I am not sure what action the CD autoloader has.  Probably gas.

The Stoeger does look decent, and is offered at a significant discount to the Benelli.

Turkey is making some good looking arms here lately.  The Armalite pistols look pretty decent.
Link Posted: 8/13/2009 4:41:10 AM EDT
[#9]
The shot gun I have posted is a semiautomatic. It is not a pump. Charles Daily does produce a tactical pump shot gun, however the pump gun it not what I need information on. Rather than argue about it, just go to the web site. It will clear things up.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 9:17:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

So are you saying that the pump had an inertia system, because that would even make sense? m4whore

Quoted:
If I were going to buy a Turkish made shotgun, it would be one of the Stoeger imports.  It looks like a Benellis where it is really important, on the inside.

That is the one I would like to see a review of.

Grendlebane was saying that the Stoeger 2000 (not the CD auto) he saw had an inertia system.  He is correct, the Stoeger is basically an M2 in made in Turkey.

The CD semiauto in the OP is a gas gun.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top