Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/15/2009 9:00:50 AM EDT
I have a Remington 870 Express that I have already added an 18" barrel with a Scattergun Technology 2 round extension. I would like to replace the existing wood stock and fore end with synthetic (no pistol grip -non folding). I've been looking through Brownells and am finding Hogue, Remington, Speedfeed, Compstock, etc. etc. I would like to buy the stock and fore end together with the fore end being of the shorter tactical variety as I plan on putting a 6 round side saddle on the receiver.

Can anyone give recommendations on a good stock and fore end combination? My main criteria is DURABILITY!
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:26:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Speedfeed I or II, depending on if you want the shell holder (I) or not (II). It doesn't get much better than those, and in fact Remington uses original Speedfeeds on their Police line (whereas the Express Tacs use SF style forends and stocks). The buttpad is just as good, if not better than the stock Remingtons. I'd bet most people here would recommend the same.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 10:24:43 AM EDT
[#2]
the hogue stock and forend are nice! get the shorter length of pull one...
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 2:58:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Hogue or Choate. I have them both and both work great on different guns.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 3:33:57 PM EDT
[#4]
I like Hogue.  It's comfy
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 3:44:18 PM EDT
[#5]
I recommend the speedfeed front stock, and the Blackhawk/Knoxx recoil reducing rear stock.  There is no equal to the Blackhawk stock for the 870.  Cuts the recoil down at least 50-60%.  I love mine.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 4:38:11 PM EDT
[#6]
I prefer the factory Remington buttstock, and the Speedfeed forearm. The Speedfeed buttstock is too heavy, in my opinion, and has a vastly inferior recoil pad.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:07:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Choate or Speedfeed
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:38:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Davis Speedfeed.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 12:46:08 AM EDT
[#9]
Well it seems to be down to Hogue or Speedfeed.  Thanks much for the input!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top