Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/13/2009 1:35:46 PM EDT
It's either that or $1300 for a M2 tactical.

I don't like the idea of having to blow torch off the magazine tube, but everyone is raving about the M4. If you buy a carrier comp tube? Does it come with instructions? I'm sure there's a forum page that shows the process step by step, but I can't find it right now.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 2:37:23 PM EDT
[#1]
1600 is the average price. Changing a magazine tube is relatively straightforward; it just requires a lot of torque to move it.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 10:48:36 PM EDT
[#2]
M2's can be had for around $1100 if you shop around a bit. Market is tight, though, so patience is needed to find a decent deal.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 11:16:45 PM EDT
[#3]
You can get M4's for around $1300-1500 or so if you look. There are quite a few for sale in that range right now on the benelli forum. Economy seems bad.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 3:14:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Blow torch

I have replaced 5 of them, including 2 of my own.

Heat gun
Glove

Apply heat to the RECEIVER, NOT the TUBE.

It takes about 3 min, and you can take the tube out with your hands. There is VERY little actual torque used to install the factory tube, its held by the "glue"   If you are turning you ass off, apply more heat. There is nothing you can hurt on the receiver.

$1600 is fair.   If you want an M4, you gotta pay.
The M2 is a fine gun, but $1300 seems a little steap to me. I picked up my M2 field for $1100 with tax.

If that is your option, id rather have the M4 for 300 more. You should be satisfied with both, though.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 3:23:15 PM EDT
[#5]
1600 is way too high for an M-4.  In fact thats a crazy price.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 3:37:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
1600 is way too high for an M-4.  In fact thats a crazy price.

Where are you finding M4s? $1600 is the average from what I've seen.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 4:06:54 PM EDT
[#7]
you guys should all be happy you do not live in Canada then, they are going for about 2300 CAD up here, so that is about 2050 USD, I want one so badly, just cannot justify that price
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 5:41:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Blow torch
Heat gun
Glove
It takes about 3 min, and you can take the tube out with your hands. There is VERY little actual torque used to install the factory tube, its held by the "glue"   If you are turning you ass off, apply more heat. There is nothing you can hurt on the receiver.

The M2 is a fine gun, but $1300 seems a little steap to me. I picked up my M2 field for $1100 with tax.

If that is your option, id rather have the M4 for 300 more. You should be satisfied with both, though.

By feeling alone, I have to pick the M4 even though it's heavier. It seems better balanced to me. Plus, I'm used to shooting gas operated shotguns with heavy loads (Browning Gold 3" magnum with BB shot for geese). It makes a world of difference IMHO. The only short coming is the out of spec Pictinny rail. I don't plan on putting any type of optic on any shotgun (unless it's for slugs and deer..I can't understand why anyone would put a Holo sight or red dot on a shotgun when you have Hi-Viz fiber optic pipes).

What kind of glue gun? Someone else posted that you need to heat it to 500 degrees to heat it off. How much is the glue gun?
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 6:36:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Heat gun, not glue gun.  Heat the receiver with a heat gun to loosen the locktite so you can turn it off.  When you put the new full length tube on, add some blue locktite and screw it back on.  Job done.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 6:40:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Blow torch
Heat gun
Glove

By feeling alone, I have to pick the M4 even though it's heavier. It seems better balanced to me. Plus, I'm used to shooting gas operated shotguns with heavy loads (Browning Gold 3" magnum with BB shot for geese). It makes a world of difference IMHO. The only short coming is the out of spec Pictinny rail. I don't plan on putting any type of optic on any shotgun (unless it's for slugs and deer..I can't understand why anyone would put a Holo sight or red dot on a shotgun when you have Hi-Viz fiber optic pipes).

What kind of glue gun? Someone else posted that you need to heat it to 500 degrees to heat it off. How much is the glue gun?

He means its locktited. To remove the tube you need to heat melt the glue, and it will turn free. When you put a new tube on just buy a tube of locktite. You don't need a glue gun or hot glue at all, and besides hot glue would be terrible to use since it expands.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 3:39:26 PM EDT
[#11]
sorry, meant to say heat gun.

What kind of heat gun (in particular what brand)?
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 4:09:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Nice one just went/is going for $1200 on the Benelli forum. Looks like someone missed out.

Selling LNIB Benelli M4 purchased new less than 3 months ago and shot at the range once (under 50rds). Mint condition, includes box, and all materials as if you bought it new but for hundreds less. $1,200 shipped to your FFL. No trades.

Please contact me with any questions.

^not me
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top