Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/3/2009 7:11:21 PM EDT
I LOVE the sights on my new 930 SPX.

Are there any aftermarket sights that can be added to a 500 persuader that are similar?  Right now I just have the brass front bead that it came with.

Thanks for any help!
Link Posted: 6/4/2009 4:26:10 PM EDT
[#1]
http://www.lpasights.com/catalog3.html

Pretty sure this is what's on the 930 SPX.
Link Posted: 6/4/2009 10:22:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the link.  Looks like what is on the 930, I just didn't expect the price.....about $250 for the set.

I guess I will keep looking.....
Link Posted: 6/5/2009 12:03:36 AM EDT
[#3]
LPA sights are nice, but expensive.
Link Posted: 6/5/2009 7:53:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Thanks for the link.  Looks like what is on the 930, I just didn't expect the price.....about $250 for the set.

That is part of what should make the SPX a good deal.  LPAs are not cheap.
Now, if only Mossberg would mount them straight it would be wonderful.
If you want a more economical (but still good) GRS set, just get the Mossberg GRS kit for the 500/590.

Link Posted: 6/5/2009 7:37:49 PM EDT
[#5]
copy that, i just had the factory mossy GRS installed for $90. i think they work great for the price and they look and feel pretty sturdy
Link Posted: 6/5/2009 9:28:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is part of what should make the SPX a good deal.  LPAs are not cheap.
Now, if only Mossberg would mount them straight it would be wonderful.
If you want a more economical (but still good) GRS set, just get the Mossberg GRS kit for the 500/590.

Sorry to be dumb, but what is the GRS set?  Do you have a link?  I checked mossberg's site, but I couldn't find anything.....

ETA:
Nevermind, I found it.  Yes, I think this would be a good start for some decent sights on my 500's.

Thanks guys for the suggestions!!
Link Posted: 6/5/2009 9:30:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
copy that, i just had the factory mossy GRS installed for $90. i think they work great for the price and they look and feel pretty sturdy

Who did your install?  Was it $90 including parts or $90 just for the labor?
Link Posted: 6/6/2009 6:01:06 AM EDT
[#8]
The actual parts are usually $60-70.  Installation can be done by yourself if you want to epoxy/JB Weld the front sight.  Lots of people have gone that route without any problems.  Personally I would prefer to have it soldered on, but that is likely going to mean having your barrel refinished.
Link Posted: 6/6/2009 10:19:38 PM EDT
[#9]
a local gunsmith (ex LEO) i believe, parts with labor was $90 and he soldered them. their may be some more expensive, i've seen some for over $200. i wont knock the higher priced cause they are good too, but i'm plenty happy with the mossy's. i had the 590 teflon coated so that covered the finish anyway
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 4:35:44 AM EDT
[#10]
..or you can trade your 500 for the new 500 SPX:

http://www.mossberg.com/products/default.asp?id=5§ion=products
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 4:54:41 PM EDT
[#11]
I talked to Mossberg and they said you'll be able to buy replacement SPX barrels within a year. I'm going to go that route to get the better sights for my 500 Tactical.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top