What brands and capacities are good?

What brands should I stay away from?

What price am I looking at?

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/23/2009 8:28:37 PM EDT
[#1]
I've had good luck with the AGP 10's

and the MD Arms Drum

I've heard bad things about the Wraithmaker drum, but I've never seen or handled one.

Link Posted: 3/24/2009 7:10:08 AM EDT
[#2]
What about the Surefires and the five rounders made in Taiwan?

I wish I could get the Russian 8 rounders but Christ, they are pricey even if you can find them.
Link Posted: 3/24/2009 4:09:04 PM EDT
[#3]
From what I've read on the saiga12.com board, the taiwan 5 rounders are just as good as original Russian mags. Promag also has 10 rounders on the market, but I know nothing about them.
Link Posted: 3/24/2009 4:19:43 PM EDT
[#4]
I've got some AGP Gen II 10-rounders and have not had a problem with them.  Seem like pretty good mags.  

What have people heard about the Wraithmakers?  I heard from Alliance Arms that about %20 of Saiga 12's have problems feeding, but with a "reliability service package" that you can get them to perform on your Saiga solves those problems.  

Not sure if they charge for that, or why the difference.  
Link Posted: 3/24/2009 11:09:40 PM EDT
[#5]
I picked up a promag 10 rounder locally and it has been flawless, admittedly only about 50 rounds.  My md arms drum runs well too, as long as the gas system is adjusted properly.  If the gun is overgassed for the ammo type, the spring in the drum cant keep up with the cyclic rate.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 1:14:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
What have people heard about the Wraithmakers?  I heard from Alliance Arms that about %20 of Saiga 12's have problems feeding, but with a "reliability service package" that you can get them to perform on your Saiga solves those problems.  

The WM is a joke.  They charge $200 for this "reliability service".  Funny, you don't need this service with the MD drum.  Maybe Alliance Armament should make a drum that fit's Saigas.  Instead of charging people to fit their Saigas to this drum.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 8:29:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The WM is a joke.  They charge $200 for this "reliability service".  Funny, you don't need this service with the MD drum.  Maybe Alliance Armament should make a drum that fit's Saigas.  Instead of charging people to fit their Saigas to this drum.

I have found you can Mod the drum yourself to fit YOUR S12. As for other Mods, you can polish the feed ramps, underside of the bolt and carrier, hammer, Etc. to smooth up the action and make feeding more reliable. I would not go grinding on the mag well and mag catch just to fit a drum nor have someone do it. I have only had my S12 for 5 days and I've shot the piss out of it and even did some polishing to it. Flawless operation through a factory 5 and a AGP 10 mags. Check out the MD-20 drums. I've seen them in action and shot my FFL's S12 with them. They are outstanding. The two WM's he had were jam city.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top