Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/25/2009 5:56:10 PM EDT
Hello guys,

I usually am over in the ar or AK side of the house but since I just got a new (to me) shotgun and I have a question I was hoping that you fellas could help me out.  I received in a trade a nef pardner pump shotgun. The stock was in bad shape and a trip to the gun show fixed that with a pistol grip.  I am not looking at spending a lot of money on it because it is going to be a home defense gun.  What I mean is I will get what I need to make it something I want to play with but I don’t need to add lasers shot shell holders ECT.  The problem I have is this.  The previous owner thought he was being cool by having a home grown sawed off shotty.  He cut the barrel down a little to close for my comfort to the 18" mark.  I would like a muzzle device that I could permanently attach to the barrel to make it definantly 18 and 1/4 inches or better.  I am not worried about having to have it 18 inches on the dot.  I would rather be safe than sorry and have to explain things if I ever have to use it in self defense in my home.  Believe it or not the only one I can find is the King armory one.  It looks like a great device but I was hoping for something cheaper. I have to duracoat the shotgun any way so I can do the welding myself.  I have searched on here but am getting 0 results so any help would be great.

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 7:00:01 PM EDT
[#1]
The king armory Brake runs about $70. That is a very good price for a high quality brake. I have one on my Pardner Protector display shotgun. The barke adds 2" to the length. They took the barrel down to 17.25". The barrel length with the breacher brake is 19.25". I needed enough room so the tube extension base would clear the brake. Here is a picture of the shotgun with one of my 7+1 tube extensions I make for the Norinco 982 and Pardner Protector shotguns. I change the stock on it. It now wears a short SpeedFeed pistol grip stock.

GC
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 4:14:36 PM EDT
[#2]
king is the only way to go.
LONG LIVE THE KING!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 5:27:46 PM EDT
[#3]

It's not cheaper, but the Tromix shark brake is pretty cool and an effective muzzle brake as well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top