Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/19/2008 3:00:09 PM EDT
Will they handle all 12 gauge rounds? 2 3/4 to 3inch mags? Birdshot to slugs?
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 4:31:55 PM EDT
[#1]
I haven't shot them all but yes from what I've heard others shoot.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 4:55:52 PM EDT
[#2]
pretty much.  they have an adjustable gas system so you can dial it down for heavier loads, and up for lighter stuff like birdshot.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 5:20:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Shotgun shells come in a much wider power range that rifle ammo, and it is a gas-powered weapon.  So loads of 1 1/8oz is considered minimum; lower that that will cycle unreliably.  Also some brands/models of shell could be problematic.

But generally speaking, yes it will run all types of ammo.

See here for more info: http://tromix.com/S12Tips.pdf
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 11:20:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Mine would stovepipe walmart bulkpacks of birdshot. I discovered the gas block was covering one of the gas ports in the barrel. A little tweeking and now i can miss a clay pidgeon 10 times before it hits the ground.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 3:40:34 PM EDT
[#5]
gas block is the worst QC in saigas.   I am not saying they are bad.  They are very good.  I own 3 saiga rifles/shotguns.  Just pointing it out to everyone.

Part of tromix conversion process is actually fixing that problem.

Just some useless info.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top