Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/2/2008 7:57:43 AM EDT
My question regards the Wilson Combat (Scattergun Technologies) extended magazine tube for 870 shotguns. What I want to know is: Will the piece on the end of the mag tube, (the end cap) come off?

Here is a picture of the +1. You can see it has a little end cap on it. I wondering if this will come off.

The reason I ask is I have a Norinco 98, which is a 870 clone. The Norinco has a longer standard magazine than the 870, and if I add a +2 extended magazine tube it will stick out past the end of the barrel. I want to remove the end cap, and shorten the extended mag tube with a pipe cutter, so that it is flush with the end of the barrel.

Anyone that has one of these, I would love to hear from you.

Thanks in advance
jonblack
Link Posted: 9/2/2008 8:07:24 AM EDT
[#1]
3 gunners shoot with the extension 3 or 4 inches past the muzzle all the time.  It will be just fine if you don't mind the extra overall length.
Link Posted: 9/2/2008 8:25:52 AM EDT
[#2]
you need a different spring to make that extension work on the norinco 870 clones.
The clone is already +1, the wilson is +1, to make it work ( if it will work)you need a +2 spring.
Link Posted: 9/2/2008 8:46:35 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
3 gunners shoot with the extension 3 or 4 inches past the muzzle all the time.  It will be just fine if you don't mind the extra overall length.

Yeah, I see 'em sticking out at the 3 gun matches. I just want mine to be flush, for looks. I know that is a bit "tacticool" but it's what I want.

Thanks
jonblack
Link Posted: 9/2/2008 8:48:11 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
you need a different spring to make that extension work on the norinco 870 clones.
The clone is already +1, the wilson is +1, to make it work ( if it will work)you need a +2 spring.

Yeah, what I am thinking of doing is buying the +2 tube, and cutting it off a bit. So, it will come with the +2 spring.

The real question is: Will the end cap pop off so I can cut the tube down?

Thanks
jonblack
Link Posted: 9/2/2008 12:59:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Will the end cap pop off so I can cut the tube down?

Not easily, and not without possible damage to the tube.
These caps are under great pressure from the spring, and the caps are intended to stay on no matter what.

I "think" they're brazed on.
In any case, the cap isn't going to just "pop off".
You might just contact Wilson as ask them how it's secured.
Link Posted: 9/2/2008 7:11:18 PM EDT
[#6]

I make a high quality +2 tube extension for the Norinco 982 & H&R Pardner Pump shotguns. Same gun with different style receivers. Both made by Norinco.

GC

Link Posted: 9/2/2008 8:19:18 PM EDT
[#7]
GC

Thanks for your reply and pic. That tube looks great. I tried to PM you but the system message said you are not accepting PMs. Maybe your box is full? Anyway, I wanted to ask about the price. I think the forum rules don't allow posting of prices, so please find a way to get me the info, either PM or carrier pigeon.

Thanks again
jonblack
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 5:14:57 PM EDT
[#8]
I have the Wilson extension on my 870.  The end cap does not come off.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top