Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/20/2008 8:37:17 PM EDT
Ok I am going nuts trying to find flush mount screw in chokes for a Mossberg 20 Gauge Over-under.
Looks like Mossberg shipped it with three modified chokes instead of the 1 modified and 2 Improved Cylinder that it was supposed to come with.

According to everything I've read, the Mossy 20 gauge O/U uses Huglu style chokes.  This is corroborated by truelock's interchangeability chart.  

Truelock only has Huglu extended chokes on their order page.
Briley says they are custom order.

Any ideas?  I'm going to see about getting Mossberg to send me the chokes that were supposed to be in the box, but the chokes are not exactly that well made, lots of burrs, so If someone can tell me where to get aftermarket 20 gauge (Huglu thread) chokes, that would be very helpful.

Link Posted: 7/21/2008 5:50:20 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Ok I am going nuts trying to find flush mount screw in chokes for a Mossberg 20 Gauge Over-under.
Looks like Mossberg shipped it with three modified chokes instead of the 1 modified and 2 Improved Cylinder that it was supposed to come with.

According to everything I've read, the Mossy 20 gauge O/U uses Huglu style chokes.  This is corroborated by truelock's interchangeability chart.  

Truelock only has Huglu extended chokes on their order page.
Briley says they are custom order.

Any ideas?  I'm going to see about getting Mossberg to send me the chokes that were supposed to be in the box, but the chokes are not exactly that well made, lots of burrs, so If someone can tell me where to get aftermarket 20 gauge (Huglu thread) chokes, that would be very helpful.

Mossberg e-mailed back and promised to send out the chokes right away. (Can't fault the service).  I;d still like a source for aftermarket ones though.

ANyone?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top