Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/6/2008 1:03:46 PM EDT
I've Owned handguns for a few months now (Glock 19, used to have an XD45, SIG 226 but sold them to save up for a wilson 1911) and today, went to the range to pick up a long gun of some sort. I ended up buying a Mossberg 590 with the ghost ring sights for around $500. I think I paid a little more than i should've, but I supported a local gunshop. I'm putting a 6 round saddle on it, other than that I don't think I'm going to do much to it. How'd I do? Any modifications you'd recomend (the gun has a bayonet lug, which would look bad-ass, but I don't think a bayo has any pragmatic use)?

ps- I'll post some shitty cellphone pics as soon as I can pick it up
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 1:10:43 PM EDT
[#1]
I am a hardcore Remington man but also got a 590 in the last 3 months. I gave 250 for it then ended up putting another $150 in it. I like the speedfeed stock, if recoil is a problem get a knoxx but you better have Ghost rings on it " Bead sights make a very tight cheek weld." The speedfeed with the grip has a LOP of 14.5" which is trap length, the regular speedfeed is in the 13.5 range. You have the bayo lug you might as well have a bayo. IPf you want to put a light on it I am really liking the Streamlight 69901 gun mount. Puts a small rail for light mounts.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top